Houston Texans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars Betting Odds & Game Analysis | NFL Week 15 Predictions
In a matchup featuring two teams coming off losses, the Jacksonville Jaguars (2-11) will meet the Houston Texans (2-11). The Jaguars have dropped five in a row, the Texans three in a row. Jacksonville is the favorite (currently -3). An over/under of 40.5 points has been established for the matchup.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Jacksonville Jaguars and Houston Texans in which the Texans are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Jaguars Vs. Texans Spread Betting Action
Jacksonville stats and betting info
Betting trends for Jacksonville
- Jacksonville has gone 4-9-0 ATS this season.
- The Jaguars are winless against the spread (0-1) when playing as at least 3-point favorites.
- Jacksonville has hit the over in two of 13 games with a set total (15.4%).
|Pass yards||212.9 (2768)||28|
|Rush yards||102.7 (1335)||23|
|Points scored||13.8 (180)||31|
|Pass yards against||255.8 (3325)||16|
|Rush yards against||115.7 (1504)||21|
|Points allowed||26.2 (340)||27|
Key players for Jacksonville
- Trevor Lawrence has racked up 2,735 yards (210.4 ypg) on 271-of-466 passing with nine touchdowns compared to 14 interceptions this season. In addition, he’s added 243 rushing yards (18.7 ypg) on 50 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- James Robinson has carried the ball 143 times for a team-high 682 yards on the ground and has found the end zone seven times. He’s also tacked on 28 catches for 209 yards (16.1 per game).
- Carlos Hyde has racked up 253 yards on 72 carries, scoring one time.
- Marvin Jones Jr.’s team-high 610 yards as a receiver have come on 54 receptions (out of 89 targets) with three touchdowns.
- Laviska Shenault Jr. has reeled in 52 passes while averaging 38.8 yards per game.
- Laquon Treadwell has a total of 212 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in 14 passes.
Jaguars: Sidney Jones IV: Out (Achilles), Logan Cooke: Out (Illness)
Houston stats and betting info
Betting trends for Houston
- Houston has a 5-8-0 record against the spread this year.
- When they have played as at least 3-point underdogs this season, the Texans are 5-7 against the spread.
- Houston has gone over in five of its 13 games with a set total (38.5%).
|Pass yards||207.9 (2703)||30|
|Rush yards||77.5 (1008)||32|
|Points scored||13.6 (177)||32|
|Pass yards against||250.8 (3260)||15|
|Rush yards against||147.9 (1923)||32|
|Points allowed||27.4 (356)||30|
Key players for Houston
- Davis Mills has 1,737 passing yards, or 133.6 per game, so far this season. He has completed 65.8% of his passes and has recorded eight touchdowns with eight interceptions.
- David Johnson has carried the ball 56 times for 176 yards. He’s also tacked on 28 catches for 214 yards and one touchdown.
- Rex Burkhead has piled up 166 yards (on 56 carries) with one touchdown.
- Brandin Cooks has collected 73 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 843 (64.8 yards per game). He’s been targeted 109 times and has and three touchdowns.
- Nico Collins has caught 23 passes and compiled 297 receiving yards (22.8 per game).
- Chris Conley’s 16 receptions (on 28 targets) have netted him 253 yards (19.5 ypg) and one touchdown.
Texans: Phillip Gaines: Questionable (Knee), C.J. Prosise: Questionable (Ankle), John Reid: Questionable (Neck), Lonnie Johnson Jr.: Questionable (Knee), Duke Johnson: Questionable (Neck)
Pick for Jaguars vs. Texans
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites points to the Texans being favored to cover the spread against the Jaguars.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best NFL odds across legal sportsbooks.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!