Houston Rockets vs. Memphis Grizzlies Betting Odds & Game Analysis | December 11
The Memphis Grizzlies (15-11) host the Houston Rockets (8-17) at FedExForum, beginning at 8:00 PM ET on Saturday, December 11, 2021. The Rockets are 8-point underdogs in the game. The over/under for the matchup is set at 222.5.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NBA matchup between the Memphis Grizzlies and Houston Rockets in which the Rockets are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Memphis Vs. Houston Moneyline Betting Action
Grizzlies stats and betting info
Betting trends for Memphis
- Memphis’ ATS record is 16-10-0 this season.
- The Grizzlies are 2-0 against the spread so far when playing as at least 8-point favorites.
- The teams have hit the over in 13 of Memphis’ 26 games with a set total.
- Memphis and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (222.5 points) 14 times this season.
- On average, the over/under in Grizzlies games is 2.1 points fewer than the over/under of 222.5 points in this contest.
- The Grizzlies have gone 8-5 in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 61.5% of those games).
- Memphis has played as a moneyline favorite of -364 or shorter in just two games this season, which they won both.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Grizzlies have an implied win probability of 78.4%.
Key players for Memphis
- Ja Morant: 24.1 PTS, 6.8 AST, 1.6 STL, 47.6 FG%, 35.6 3PT% (31-for-87)
- Jaren Jackson Jr.: 16.5 PTS, 1.9 BLK, 43 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (58-for-162)
- Desmond Bane: 16.3 PTS, 46.7 FG%, 40.2 3PT% (68-for-169)
- Steven Adams: 7 PTS, 8.7 REB, 52 FG%
- De’Anthony Melton: 10.4 PTS, 1.6 STL, 40.8 FG%, 35.8 3PT% (43-for-120)
Grizzlies Injuries: Sam Merrill: Out (Ankle), Brandon Clarke: Day To Day (Knee), Dillon Brooks: Out (Health and Safety Protocols), Ziaire Williams: Day To Day (Ankle), Ja Morant: Out (Health and safety protocols)
Rockets stats and betting info
Betting trends for Houston
- Memphis is 16-10-0 against the spread this season.
- The Grizzlies are 2-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 8-point favorites.
- Memphis has hit the over in 13 of its 26 games with a set total (50%).
- This season, 11 games Houston played finished with a combined score over 222.5 points.
- A difference of 2.7 points separates this contest’s over/under (222.5 points) and the average total points bet in Rockets’ games (219.8 points) this season.
- This season, the Rockets have won five out of the 21 games, or 23.8%, in which they’ve been the underdog.
- Houston is 1-12 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +283 or more on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 26.1% chance of a victory for the Rockets.
Key players for Houston
- Christian Wood: 16.5 PTS, 11.4 REB, 1.1 BLK, 45.9 FG%, 36.1 3PT% (43-for-119)
- Jae’Sean Tate: 12.1 PTS, 49.2 FG%, 27.3 3PT% (18-for-66)
- Kevin Porter Jr.: 12.8 PTS, 5.8 AST, 1.3 STL, 35.8 FG%, 30.9 3PT% (34-for-110)
- Alperen Sengun: 8.8 PTS, 1.1 STL, 50 FG%, 35.7 3PT% (10-for-28)
- Eric Gordon: 14.4 PTS, 47.5 FG%, 43.6 3PT% (51-for-117)
Rockets Injuries: Jalen Green: Out (Hamstring), Danuel House Jr.: Out (Ankle), Kevin Porter Jr.: Out (Thigh), Usman Garuba: Out (Thigh)
Pick for Grizzlies vs. Rockets
Betting split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis points to the Rockets being favored to win over the Grizzlies.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best NBA odds across legal sportsbooks.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!