Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers: Best Odds and Preview for September 15, 2021
The Houston Astros (84-60) and the Texas Rangers (54-90) meet on Wednesday at 8:05 PM ET. The Astros are favored (-209) against the underdog Rangers (+175).
Houston’s Jose Urquidy starts against Texas’ Kohei Arihara.
Best Odds for Houston Astros vs Texas Rangers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Houston Astros and Texas Rangers.
- The Astros have been chosen as favorites in 118 games this year and have walked away with the win 72 times (61%) in those games.
- Houston and their opponents have gone over in 74 of their 144 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Astros have scored the third-most runs in the league this season with 762.
- Houston has been favored in eight of its past 10 games and won five of those matchups.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Astros and their opponents have combined to clear the total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Urquidy (6-3 with a 3.51 ERA and 72 strikeouts in 84 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Astros, his 17th of the season.
- The right-hander’s most recent time out came on Wednesday against the Mariners, when he threw three innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Over Urquidy’s 16 starts, his team is 10-6.
- Urquidy has started 16 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 10 of them.
- The Rangers have put together a 47-80 record in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 37% of those games).
- In the 144 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Texas, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 69 times (69-66-9).
- The Rangers are the second-lowest scoring team in baseball averaging 3.9 runs per game (567 total).
- Texas has a 7-3 record across the 10 games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings — all of which had a set run total — the Rangers and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Arihara (2-3 with a 5.89 ERA and 23 strikeouts in 36 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Rangers, his 10th of the season.
- In his last appearance on Wednesday, the right-hander tossed 4 2/3 innings against the Diamondbacks, giving up two earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- Arihara’s team has won four of his nine starts.
- Arihara has had nine starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and six of those outings finished over the total.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!