Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers: Best Odds and Preview for September 14, 2021
Nick Solak is only one hit away from his 100th of the season as his Texas Rangers (53-90) ready for a matchup with the Houston Astros (84-59) on Tuesday at 8:05 PM ET. The Rangers are underdogs (+186) against the Astros (-223).
Zack Greinke starts for Houston while Texas will counter with Jordan Lyles.
Best Odds for Houston Astros vs Texas Rangers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Houston Astros and Texas Rangers in which the Astros are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Astros vs Rangers Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||92%||8%|
|% of Stake||94%||6%|
- The Astros have been favorites in 117 games this season and have come away with the win 72 times (61.5%) in those contests.
- Houston and their opponents have gone over in 74 of their 143 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Astros have scored the third-most runs in the league this season with 761.
- In eight games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Houston has a record of 6-2.
- When it comes to the total, the Astros and their opponents are 6-3-1 in their last 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Greinke makes the start for the Astros, his 28th of the season. He is 11-5 with a 3.66 ERA and 110 strikeouts in 159 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Sunday, Aug. 29 against the Rangers, when he went four innings, allowing six earned runs while giving up nine hits.
- Greinke’s team has compiled a 16-11 record over his 27 starts.
- Greinke has had 27 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in 15 of those outings.
- The Rangers have been the moneyline underdog 126 total times this season. They’ve gone 46-80 in those games.
- Texas has combined with opponents to go over the total 69 times this season for a 69-66-8 record against the over/under.
- The Rangers have the No. 29 offense in baseball scoring 3.9 runs per game (559 total runs).
- Texas was the underdog on the moneyline in each of its last 10 games, and went 6-4 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups — all of which had a set run total — the Rangers and their opponents combined to hit the over on the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Lyles gets the start for the Rangers, his 27th of the season. He is 8-11 with a 5.43 ERA and 124 strikeouts in 155 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out was in relief on Wednesday when the right-hander tossed seven innings against the Diamondbacks, surrendering one earned run while giving up three hits.
- In Lyles’ 26 starts, his team is 11-15.
- Lyles has started 26 contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 14 of them.
Pick for Astros vs. Rangers
The Astros are favored to win over the Rangers based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.