Houston Astros vs. Tampa Bay Rays: Best Odds and Preview for September 29, 2021
Alex Bregman brings a two-game home run streak into the Houston Astros’ (92-65) matchup with the Tampa Bay Rays (97-60). The Astros are favored (-125) in this contest with the Rays (+105), which begins at 8:10 PM ET on Wednesday at Minute Maid Park.
Luis Garcia starts for Houston while Tampa Bay will counter with Drew Rasmussen.
Best Odds for Houston Astros vs Tampa Bay Rays
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Houston Astros and Tampa Bay Rays.
- The Astros have come away with 80 wins in the 130 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Houston and their opponents have gone over in 82 of their 157 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Astros have scored the most runs (837) in baseball so far this year.
- Houston has been favored in nine of its past 10 games and won five of those matchups.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Astros and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on six occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Garcia makes the start for the Astros, his 28th of the season. He is 11-7 with a 3.17 ERA and 161 strikeouts in 150 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Thursday against the Angels, the right-hander threw six scoreless innings while surrendering three hits.
- Garcia’s team has won 16 of his 27 starts.
- Garcia has started 27 contests with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in nine of them.
- The Rays have a 29-23 record in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 55.8% of those games).
- In the 155 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Tampa Bay, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 80 times (80-67-8).
- The Rays score the second-most runs in baseball (832 total, 5.3 per game).
- In the last 10 games, Tampa Bay was listed as the moneyline underdog by oddsmakers only twice, and it split those games.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Rays and their opponents combined to hit the over three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Rays are sending Rasmussen (3-1) out to make his 10th start of the season. He is 3-1 with a 3.04 ERA and 71 strikeouts through 71 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was on Tuesday, Sept. 21 against the Blue Jays, when the right-hander went five innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Rasmussen’s team has won six of his nine starts.
- Rasmussen has had nine starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in three of those matchups.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!