Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners: Best Odds and Preview for September 8, 2021
The Houston Astros (81-57) will attempt to sweep the Seattle Mariners (75-64) on Wednesday at Minute Maid Park. The Astros lead 2-0, and are favored (-201) against the underdog Mariners (+172) in the matchup, which begins at 2:10 PM ET.
Jose Urquidy gets the starting nod for Houston, and Tyler Anderson is Seattle’s choice to start.
Best Odds for Houston Astros vs Seattle Mariners
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Houston Astros and Seattle Mariners in which the Astros are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Astros vs Mariners Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||88%||12%|
|% of Stake||80%||20%|
- The Astros have been favorites in 112 games this season and have come away with the win 69 times (61.6%) in those contests.
- Houston’s games have gone over the total in 71 of their 138 opportunities.
- The Astros have scored 726 runs this season, which ranks second in MLB.
- Houston has been favored in eight of its past 10 games and won five of those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups with a total posted by oddsmakers, the Astros and their foes are 4-5-1 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Astros will send Urquidy (6-3) to the mound to make his 16th start of the season. He is 6-3 with a 3.42 ERA and 70 strikeouts over 81 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Saturday against the Padres, when he went 4 1/3 innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Urquidy’s team has won 10 of his 15 starts.
- Urquidy’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in nine of 15 contests.
- The Mariners have compiled a 56-47 record in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 54.4% of those games).
- Seattle has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 68 times this season for a 68-65-6 record against the over/under.
- The Mariners are the 22nd-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.2 runs per game (588 total).
- Seattle has a 2-3 record from the five games it was moneyline underdogs over its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Mariners and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Anderson (1-1 with a 3.38 ERA and 30 strikeouts in 40 innings pitched) gets the start for the Mariners, his eighth of the season.
- The left-hander last appeared on Saturday against the Diamondbacks, when he went six innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Anderson’s team is 4-3 over his seven starts.
- Anderson’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in three of seven games.
Pick for Astros vs. Mariners
The Astros are favored to win over the Mariners based on our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!