Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners: Best Odds and Preview for September 7, 2021
The Houston Astros (80-57) ride a three-game home win streak into a contest against the Seattle Mariners (75-63) on Tuesday at 8:10 PM ET. The Astros are favored (-179) to prolong their streak at Minute Maid Park against the underdog Mariners (+153).
Jake Odorizzi starts for Houston while Seattle will counter with Logan Gilbert.
Best Odds for Houston Astros vs Seattle Mariners
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Houston Astros and Seattle Mariners in which the Astros are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Astros vs Mariners Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||79%||21%|
|% of Stake||88%||12%|
- The Astros have been victorous in 68, or 61.3%, of the 111 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Houston and their opponents have hit the over in 70 of their 137 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Astros are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking second with 710 total runs this season.
- Houston has played as the favorite in eight of its past 10 games and has gone 5-3 in those contests.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Astros and their opponents are 3-5-2 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Astros are sending Odorizzi (6-7) out for his 20th start of the season. He is 6-7 with a 4.32 ERA and 82 strikeouts through 89 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s last time out came on Wednesday against the Mariners, when he went five innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing two hits.
- Odorizzi’s team has compiled a 9-10 record in his 19 starts.
- Odorizzi’s starts hit the over on the run total 11 times in 19 games with a set total this season.
- The Mariners have gone 56-46 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 54.9% of those games).
- Seattle has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 67 times this season for a 67-65-6 record against the over/under.
- The Mariners score the 22nd-most runs in baseball (582 total, 4.2 per game).
- Seattle was the moneyline underdog in four of its last 10 games, and finished 2-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Mariners and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gilbert gets the start for the Mariners, his 20th of the season. He is 5-5 with a 5.14 ERA and 101 strikeouts over 91 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Wednesday, the righty tossed five scoreless innings against the Astros while surrendering four hits.
- In Gilbert’s 19 starts, his team is 12-7.
- Gilbert has started 19 games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 12 of them.
Pick for Astros vs. Mariners
The Astros are favored to win over the Mariners based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.