Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners: Best Odds and Preview for September 6, 2021
Oddsmakers don’t expect the Seattle Mariners (75-62) (-214 moneyline odds) to add on to their five-game winning streak when they meet the Houston Astros (79-57) (-214 moneyline odds) on Monday at 7:10 PM ET.
Lance McCullers Jr. takes the mound first for Houston, and Yusei Kikuchi is Seattle’s pick to start.
Best Odds for Houston Astros vs Seattle Mariners
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Houston Astros and Seattle Mariners in which the Astros are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Astros vs Mariners Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||86%||14%|
|% of Stake||88%||12%|
- The Astros have won in 67, or 60.9%, of the 110 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Contests with Houston have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 69 of 136 chances this season.
- The Astros have scored 710 runs this season, which ranks second in MLB.
- Houston has been favored in eight of its past 10 games and won five of those matchups.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Astros and their opponents have combined to clear the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- McCullers (10-4 with a 3.20 ERA and 154 strikeouts in 132 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Astros, his 24th of the season.
- The right-hander’s last time out was on Wednesday against the Mariners, when he went five scoreless innings while giving up four hits.
- McCullers’ team has compiled a 14-9 record over his 23 starts.
- McCullers’ starts hit the over on the run total 12 times in 23 games with a set total this season.
- The Mariners have won 55.4% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (56-45).
- Seattle has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 137 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 66 of those games (66-65-6).
- The Mariners score the 22nd-most runs in baseball (582 total, 4.2 per game).
- Seattle was the moneyline underdog for three of its last 10 games, and went 2-1 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Mariners and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Kikuchi makes the start for the Mariners, his 26th of the season. He is 7-7 with a 4.12 ERA and 149 strikeouts over 144 1/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty last pitched on Wednesday against the Astros, when he threw seven scoreless innings while giving up four hits.
- Over Kikuchi’s 25 starts, his team is 13-12.
- Kikuchi’s starts went over the run total 13 times in 25 games with a set total this season.
Pick for Astros vs. Mariners
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites paired with our in-depth statistical analysis favors the Astros to win over the Mariners.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!