Houston Astros vs. Seattle Mariners: Best Odds and Preview for August 30, 2021
The Houston Astros (77-53) are looking for another strong showing from a hitter on a hot streak when they square off against the Seattle Mariners (70-61) on Monday at 10:10 PM ET at T-Mobile Park. Yordan Alvarez is riding a two-game home run streak for the favored Astros (-159) in the contest against the underdog Mariners (+134).
Houston’s Luis Garcia starts against Seattle’s Chris Flexen.
Best Odds for Houston Astros vs Seattle Mariners
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Houston Astros and Seattle Mariners in which the Astros are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Astros vs Mariners Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||76%||24%|
|% of Stake||64%||36%|
- The Astros have come away with 65 wins in the 106 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Houston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 68 of their 130 opportunities.
- The Astros have scored 695 runs this season, which ranks second in MLB.
- Houston has competed as the favorite in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 7-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Astros and their foes are 5-3-2 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Astros are sending Garcia (10-6) to the mound for his 23rd start of the season. He is 10-6 with a 3.14 ERA and 144 strikeouts over 123 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Wednesday, the righty threw 6 2/3 scoreless innings against the Royals while surrendering four hits.
- Garcia’s team has won 13 of his 22 starts.
- Garcia’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in seven of 22 contests.
- The Mariners have won 55.1% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (54-44).
- Seattle has played in 131 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 63 times (63-62-6).
- The Mariners have the No. 23 offense in MLB action scoring 4.2 runs per game (550 total runs).
- Seattle was the moneyline underdog for five of its last 10 games, and finished 3-2 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Mariners and their opponents combined to hit the over six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Flexen (11-5 with a 3.54 ERA and 95 strikeouts in 140 innings pitched) gets the start for the Mariners, his 25th of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Tuesday against the Athletics, when he threw 6 2/3 innings, allowing one earned run while giving up six hits.
- Flexen’s team is 17-7 over his 24 starts.
- Flexen’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 13 of 24 contests.
Pick for Astros vs. Mariners
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites points to the Astros being favored to win over the Mariners.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!