Houston Astros vs. San Diego Padres: Best Odds and Preview for September 5, 2021
Wil Myers is only two hits away from his 100th of the season as his San Diego Padres (72-64) ready for a matchup against the Houston Astros (79-56) on Sunday at 4:10 PM ET. The Padres are underdogs (-103) against the Astros (-114).
Houston has Luis Garcia starting, while San Diego counters Chris Paddack.
Best Odds for Houston Astros vs San Diego Padres
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Houston Astros and San Diego Padres in which the Astros are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Astros vs Padres Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||68%||32%|
|% of Stake||73%||27%|
- The Astros have come away with 67 wins in the 110 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Houston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 69 of their 135 opportunities.
- The Astros have scored the second-most runs in the league this season with 707.
- In nine games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Houston has a record of 6-3.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Astros and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on three occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Garcia makes the start for the Astros, his 24th of the season. He is 10-6 with a 3.16 ERA and 150 strikeouts in 128 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last appeared on Tuesday against the Mariners, when he threw five innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Over Garcia’s 23 starts, his team is 14-9.
- Garcia has started 23 contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in seven of them.
- The Padres are 8-18 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 30.8% of those games).
- San Diego has played in 136 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 70 times (70-62-4).
- The Padres have the No. 10 offense in MLB play scoring 4.6 runs per game (629 total runs).
- In the last 10 games, San Diego was the moneyline underdog four times, but lost every matchup.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Padres and their opponents combined to go over the run total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Paddack (7-6 with a 4.98 ERA and 95 strikeouts in 97 2/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Padres, his 21st of the season.
- The right-hander’s most recent appearance was on Tuesday against the Diamondbacks, when he threw 4 2/3 innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing three hits.
- Paddack’s team is 13-7 in his 20 starts.
- Paddack’s starts went over the run total 13 times in 20 games with a set total this season.
|Fernando Tatis Jr.||104||.283||.362||.641||37||85||108|
Pick for Astros vs. Padres
The Astros are favored to win over the Padres based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the bet split data from regulated betting sites.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.