Houston Astros vs. San Diego Padres: Best Odds and Preview for September 3, 2021
The San Diego Padres (71-63) will try to break a four-game home losing streak when they play the Houston Astros (78-55) on Friday at 10:10 PM ET. The Padres are not expected (+126) to end the streak when they take on the favored Astros (-146).
Houston’s Jose Urquidy and San Diego’s Jake Arrieta will take the mound first.
Best Odds for Houston Astros vs San Diego Padres
Welcome to the BestOdds’ betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Houston Astros and San Diego Padres in which the Astros are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Astros vs Padres Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||79%||21%|
|% of Stake||68%||32%|
- The Astros have been victorous in 66, or 60.6%, of the 109 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Houston and their opponents have gone over in 68 of their 133 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Astros are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking second with 699 total runs this season.
- Houston has played as the favorite in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 5-5 in those contests.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Astros and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on three occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Urquidy (6-3 with a 3.38 ERA and 66 strikeouts in 77 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Astros, his 15th of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday, June 30, the righty threw 1 1/3 innings against the Orioles, allowing one earned run while surrendering one hit.
- Urquidy’s team is 9-5 over his 14 starts.
- Urquidy’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in nine of 14 games.
- The Padres have been the underdog on the moneyline 25 total times this season. They’ve finished 8-17 in those games.
- San Diego has played in 134 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 69 times (69-62-3).
- The Padres have the No. 11 offense in MLB play scoring 4.6 runs per game (616 total runs).
- San Diego did not win a game as the moneyline underdog over the last 10 games in three tries.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all 10 of them had set totals), the Padres and their opponents combined to hit the over four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Arrieta (0-1) gets the starting nod for the Padres, his second this season.
- The righty last pitched on Wednesday, Aug. 18 against the Rockies, when he went 3 1/3 innings, allowing five earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- His team has lost both of the games he’s appeared in this season.
- Arrieta’s two starts with a total this season both went under.
|Fernando Tatis Jr.||102||.282||.357||.638||36||81||106|
Pick for Astros vs. Padres
Bet split data from regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis favors the Astros to win over the Padres.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!