Houston Astros vs Oakland Athletics Betting Odds & Game Analysis | July 15
The Oakland Athletics visit the Houston Astros at Minute Maid Park, taking the field at 8:10pm ET on Friday July 15th, 8:10pm ET. The Oakland Athletics are 1.5-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8 runs.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the Major League Baseball game between the Oakland Athletics and Houston Astros.
Houston and Oakland Betting Info
- Each of the Astros’ last eight home games following an extra innings win have gone OVER the total runs line.
- The Astros have won 10 of their last 11 games at Minute Maid Park.
Oakland Athletics Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.210|
|AVG Runs Scored||3.3|
Key Players for Oakland
- Lou Trivino: 7.11 ERA, 13.15 K/9, 2.05 WHIP
- Jared Koenig: 6.38 ERA, 4.91 K/9, 1.75 WHIP
- Domingo Tapia: 10.29 ERA, 6.43 K/9, 2.14 WHIP
- Sheldon Neuse: .236 Batting Avg, .297 OBP, .314 SLG, .611 OPS, 21 Runs
- Stephen Piscotty: .197 Batting Avg, .279 OBP, .303 SLG, .582 OPS, 7 Runs
- Chadwick Pinder: .231 Batting Avg, .258 OBP, .380 SLG, .638 OPS, 19 Runs
- Elvis Andrus: .223 Batting Avg, .293 OBP, .359 SLG, .652 OPS, 33 Runs
- Seth Brown: .218 Batting Avg, .273 OBP, .406 SLG, .679 OPS, 25 Runs
- Anthony Kemp: .206 Batting Avg, .287 OBP, .265 SLG, .552 OPS, 28 Runs
- Ramón Laureano: .239 Batting Avg, .328 OBP, .408 SLG, .736 OPS, 32 Runs
- Sean Murphy: .237 Batting Avg, .307 OBP, .409 SLG, .716 OPS, 35 Runs
Houston Astros Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.241|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.5|
Key Players for Houston
- Thomas Pressly: 3.00 ERA, 9.67 K/9, 0.96 WHIP
- Framber Valdez: 2.66 ERA, 7.98 K/9, 1.13 WHIP
- Seth Martinez: 0.75 ERA, 9.00 K/9, 0.79 WHIP
- Martín Maldonado: .167 Batting Avg, .237 OBP, .324 SLG, .561 OPS, 22 Runs
- Yulieski Gurriel: .231 Batting Avg, .283 OBP, .383 SLG, .666 OPS, 30 Runs
- Jeremy Peña: .264 Batting Avg, .313 OBP, .452 SLG, .765 OPS, 37 Runs
- Jacob Meyers: .267 Batting Avg, .308 OBP, .400 SLG, .708 OPS, 8 Runs
- Jose Altuve: .277 Batting Avg, .373 OBP, .528 SLG, .901 OPS, 48 Runs
- Joseph Matijevic: .162 Batting Avg, .205 OBP, .378 SLG, .583 OPS, 4 Runs
- Kyle Tucker: .256 Batting Avg, .350 OBP, .478 SLG, .828 OPS, 39 Runs
- Alexander Bregman: .243 Batting Avg, .362 OBP, .420 SLG, .782 OPS, 46 Runs
In the last 5 matchups between the Astros and Athletics, the Astros won four times and the Athletics won once. Their most recent matchup on July 10, 2022 ended 6-1 with the Houston Astros taking the win.
MLB Computer Picks For Betting Previews
MLB computer picks are betting recommendations made by an AI computer algorithm with a final check by sports betting analyst.
The AI algorithm considers various data points to come up with its betting prediction. Betting trends, game venue, line-ups, weather, injury, news updates, and a wide range of stats are the factors taken into account when making MLB betting preview computer picks.
A professional sports bettor performs the final check.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best MLB Odds across legal sportsbooks.
Sign up for BestOdds’ Newsletter
The most entertaining betting analysis and cherry-picked insights in your inbox.
Yankees vs. Mariners Player Props | Aaron Judge | Wednesday
The New York Yankees visit the Seattle Mariners at T-Mobile Park, taking the field at 4:10pm ET on Wednesday August 10th. The Seattle Mariners are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 7 runs…
White Sox vs. Royals Player Props | Johnny Cueto | Wednesday
The Chicago White Sox visit the Kansas City Royals at Kauffman Stadium, taking the field at 8:10pm ET on Wednesday August 10th. The Kansas City Royals are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 9 runs…