Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics: Best Odds and Preview for October 3, 2021
Matt Olson is just one homer away from hitting 40 this season, and will look to get to that milestone when his Oakland Athletics (86-75) visit the Houston Astros (94-67) at Minute Maid Park on Sunday, beginning at 3:10 PM ET. The Athletics are underdogs (+155) in the contest against the Astros (-180).
Houston’s Jose Urquidy starts against Oakland’s Cole Irvin.
Best Odds for Houston Astros vs Oakland Athletics
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Houston Astros and Oakland Athletics.
- The Astros have come away with 82 wins in the 134 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Houston and their opponents have gone over in 84 of their 161 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Astros have scored 856 runs this season, which ranks second in MLB.
- Houston has competed as the favorite in nine of its past 10 games and has gone 4-5 in those matchups.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Astros and their foes are 4-6 in their last 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Urquidy (8-3) takes the mound first for the Astros in his 20th start of the season. He has a 3.56 ERA in 101 innings pitched, with 87 strikeouts.
- In his most recent time out on Wednesday, the right-hander threw five innings against the Rays, giving up two earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- Over Urquidy’s 19 starts, his team is 13-6.
- Urquidy has had 19 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and 12 of those outings finished over the total.
- The Athletics have won 42.6% of the games this season they were the underdog on the moneyline (23-31).
- Oakland has played in 160 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 73 times (73-82-5).
- The Athletics have the No. 10 offense in MLB action scoring 4.6 runs per game (737 total runs).
- Oakland has a 3-3 record from the six games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Athletics combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Irvin makes the start for the Athletics, his 32nd of the season. He is 10-15 with a 4.18 ERA and 121 strikeouts in 172 1/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance came on Tuesday against the Mariners, when the lefty tossed three innings, surrendering five earned runs while giving up six hits.
- In Irvin’s 31 starts, his team is 14-17.
- Irvin’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 11 of 31 games.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!