Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics: Best Odds and Preview for October 2, 2021
Matt Olson will try to hit his 40th homer this season when his Oakland Athletics (86-74) visit the Houston Astros (93-67) at Minute Maid Park on Saturday, beginning at 7:10 PM ET. Olson’s Astros are underdogs (+135) in the outing against the Astros (-156).
Jake Odorizzi starts for Houston, and Paul Blackburn is Oakland’s choice to start.
Best Odds for Houston Astros vs Oakland Athletics
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Houston Astros and Oakland Athletics in which the Astros are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Astros vs Athletics Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||83%||17%|
|% of Stake||91%||9%|
- The Astros have come away with 81 wins in the 133 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Houston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 83 of their 160 opportunities.
- The Astros lead MLB with 846 runs scored this season.
- Houston has played as the favorite in nine of its past 10 games and has gone 4-5 in those contests.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Astros and their foes are 4-6 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Odorizzi gets the start for the Astros, his 23rd of the season. He is 6-7 with a 4.14 ERA and 88 strikeouts in 100 innings pitched.
- In his most recent outing on Sunday against the Athletics, the righty tossed four innings, giving up one earned run while surrendering four hits.
- Odorizzi’s team has an 11-11 record in his starts this season.
- Odorizzi has had 22 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 13 of those outings hit the over.
- The Athletics have won 23 of the 53 games they were the moneyline underdog this season (43.4%).
- Oakland has combined with opponents to go over the total 72 times this season for a 72-82-5 record against the over/under.
- The Athletics score the 10th-most runs in baseball (733 total, 4.6 per game).
- Oakland went 3-2 over the five games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Athletics combined with their opponents to hit the over on the run total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Blackburn (1-3 with a 4.71 ERA and 24 strikeouts in 36 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Athletics, his ninth of the season.
- The righty last appeared on Sunday against the Astros, when he threw five innings, allowing one earned run while giving up three hits.
- Blackburn’s team has won four of his eight starts.
- Blackburn has had eight starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and two of those games finished over the total.
Pick for Astros vs. Athletics
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites points to the Astros being favored to win over the Athletics.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!