Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels: Best Odds and Preview for September 12, 2021
The Houston Astros (82-59) and the Los Angeles Angels (70-72) play on Sunday at 2:10 PM ET to break a 1-1 series tie. The Astros are favored (-233) to take the contest against the Angels (+194).
Lance McCullers Jr. gets the starting nod for Houston, and Jaime Barria is Los Angeles’ choice to start.
Best Odds for Houston Astros vs Los Angeles Angels
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Houston Astros and Los Angeles Angels in which the Angels are currently the clear pick at sportsbooks based on money wagered at regulated sportsbooks, yet the Astros have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Astros vs Angels Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||93%||7%|
|% of Stake||6%||94%|
- The Astros have won in 70, or 60.9%, of the 115 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Houston’s games have gone over the total in 73 of their 141 opportunities.
- The Astros are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking second with 743 total runs this season.
- Houston has been favored in eight of its past 10 games and won four of those matchups.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Astros and their opponents have combined to clear the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- McCullers (11-4 with a 3.19 ERA and 161 strikeouts in 138 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Astros, his 25th of the season.
- The righty last appeared on Monday against the Mariners, when he tossed six innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up four hits.
- McCullers’ team has a 15-9 record in his 24 starts.
- McCullers has had 24 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and 13 of those outings finished over the total.
- The Angels have been the moneyline underdog 74 total times this season. They’ve finished 32-42 in those games.
- Los Angeles has combined with opponents to go over the total 77 times this season for a 77-64-1 record against the over/under.
- The Angels score the 16th-most runs in baseball (639 total, 4.5 per game).
- Los Angeles was the moneyline underdog in six of its last 10 games, and finished 3-3 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Angels and their opponents combined to hit the over four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Barria (2-3 with a 5.16 ERA and 24 strikeouts in 45 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Angels, his ninth of the season.
- In his last outing on Tuesday against the Rangers, the righty went seven innings, allowing three earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- Barria’s team is 3-5 in his eight starts.
- Barria has started eight games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in four of them.
Pick for Astros vs. Angels
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites points to the Angels being favored to win over the Astros.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.