Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels: Best Odds and Preview for September 11, 2021
Alex Bregman takes a 10-game hitting streak into the Houston Astros’ (82-58) matchup with the Los Angeles Angels (69-72). The Astros are moneyline favorites (-242) for this contest against the Angels (+199), which begins at 7:10 PM ET on Saturday at Minute Maid Park.
Houston’s Luis Garcia gets the start against Los Angeles’ Jose Suarez.
Best Odds for Houston Astros vs Los Angeles Angels
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Houston Astros and Los Angeles Angels in which the Angels are currently the clear pick at sportsbooks based on money wagered at regulated sportsbooks, yet the Astros have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Astros vs Angels Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||88%||12%|
|% of Stake||3%||97%|
- The Astros have won in 70, or 61.4%, of the 114 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Houston and their opponents have gone over in 73 of their 140 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Astros are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking second with 741 total runs this season.
- Houston has been favored in eight of its past 10 games and won five of those matchups.
- When it comes to the total, the Astros and their opponents are 5-4-1 in their previous 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Garcia gets the start for the Astros, his 25th of the season. He is 10-6 with a 3.22 ERA and 155 strikeouts over 134 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Sunday, the right-hander tossed 5 2/3 innings against the Padres, giving up three earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Garcia’s team is 14-10 in his 24 starts.
- Garcia has had 24 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in seven of those outings.
- The Angels are 31-42 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 42.5% of those games).
- Los Angeles has combined with opponents to hit the over on the total 77 times this season for a 77-63-1 record against the over/under.
- The Angels score the 14th-most runs in baseball (635 total, 4.5 per game).
- Los Angeles went 3-3 across the six games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Angels and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Suarez (6-7) gets the starting nod for the Angels in his 11th start of the season. He has a 3.74 ERA in 77 innings pitched, with 69 strikeouts.
- His most recent appearance came on Sunday against the Rangers, when the left-hander tossed nine innings, surrendering one earned run while allowing five hits.
- Suarez’s team has a 4-6 record in his starts this season.
- Suarez’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in three of 10 games.
Pick for Astros vs. Angels
The Angels are favored to win over the Astros based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!