Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels: Best Odds and Preview for September 10, 2021
The Houston Astros (81-58) will look to Jose Altuve, who is currently on a two-game home run streak, when they take on the Los Angeles Angels (69-71). The Astros are the moneyline favorite (-185) for this matchup against the Angels (+163), which starts at 8:10 PM ET on Friday at Minute Maid Park.
Framber Valdez starts for Houston, and Shohei Ohtani is Los Angeles’ choice to start.
Best Odds for Houston Astros vs Los Angeles Angels
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Houston Astros and Los Angeles Angels.
- The Astros have been victorous in 69, or 61.1%, of the 113 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Houston’s games have gone over the total in 72 of their 139 opportunities.
- The Astros are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking second with 731 total runs this season.
- Houston has played as the favorite in eight of its past 10 games and has gone 4-4 in those contests.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Astros and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on five occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Valdez (9-5) is trying for his 10th victory when he gets the starting nod for the Astros in his 19th start of the season. He’s put together a 3.08 ERA in 111 innings pitched, with 103 strikeouts.
- His most recent appearance was on Sunday against the Padres, when the left-hander went six innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Valdez’s team is 11-7 in his 18 starts.
- Valdez has had 18 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in nine of those outings.
- The Angels have won 31 of the 72 games they were the moneyline underdog this season (43.1%).
- Los Angeles has played in 140 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 76 times (76-63-1).
- The Angels are the 14th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.5 runs per game (630 total).
- Los Angeles has a 4-2 record across the six games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Angels and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Ohtani will aim to grab his 10th win when he gets the start for the Angels, his 21st of the season. He is 9-1 with a 2.97 ERA and 135 strikeouts over 112 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared in relief on Wednesday, when he tossed 2/3 innings against the Padres while giving up hits.
- Ohtani’s team has won 13 of his 20 starts.
- Ohtani’s starts with a set total this season have gone over the run total in nine of 20 games.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.