Houston Astros vs Boston Red Sox Betting Odds & Game Analysis | August 1
The Boston Red Sox visit the Houston Astros at Minute Maid Park, taking the field at 8:10pm ET on Monday August 1st, 8:10pm ET. The Boston Red Sox are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 7.5 runs.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the Major League Baseball game between the Boston Red Sox and Houston Astros.
Houston and Boston Betting Info
- Eight of the Astros’ last nine home games following an extra innings win have gone OVER the total runs line.
- The Red Sox have lost each of their last eight night games against the Astros following a home win.
Boston Red Sox Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.255|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.5|
Key Players for Boston
- Tanner Houck: 3.30 ERA, 8.63 K/9, 1.24 WHIP
- Brayan Bello: 8.82 ERA, 7.16 K/9, 2.27 WHIP
- Kaleb Ort: 10.61 ERA, 9.64 K/9, 2.25 WHIP
- Franchy Cordero: .223 Batting Avg, .303 OBP, .370 SLG, .673 OPS, 31 Runs
- Julio Martinez: .288 Batting Avg, .354 OBP, .462 SLG, .816 OPS, 52 Runs
- Xander Bogaerts: .316 Batting Avg, .392 OBP, .459 SLG, .851 OPS, 57 Runs
- Christian Vázquez: .282 Batting Avg, .327 OBP, .432 SLG, .759 OPS, 33 Runs
- Robert Dalbec: .202 Batting Avg, .275 OBP, .358 SLG, .633 OPS, 29 Runs
- Alex Verdugo: .269 Batting Avg, .308 OBP, .376 SLG, .684 OPS, 39 Runs
- Jackie Bradley Jr.: .210 Batting Avg, .257 OBP, .321 SLG, .578 OPS, 21 Runs
- Jarren Duran: .237 Batting Avg, .289 OBP, .374 SLG, .663 OPS, 19 Runs
- Christian Arroyo: .254 Batting Avg, .313 OBP, .410 SLG, .723 OPS, 16 Runs
Houston Astros Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.240|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.5|
Key Players for Houston
- Luis Garcia: 3.81 ERA, 9.69 K/9, 1.08 WHIP
- Bryan Abreu: 2.70 ERA, 13.01 K/9, 1.31 WHIP
- Martín Maldonado: .173 Batting Avg, .239 OBP, .342 SLG, .581 OPS, 26 Runs
- Yordan Alvarez: .310 Batting Avg, .417 OBP, .670 SLG, 1.087 OPS, 67 Runs
- Yulieski Gurriel: .243 Batting Avg, .293 OBP, .392 SLG, .685 OPS, 36 Runs
- Chas McCormick: .231 Batting Avg, .320 OBP, .413 SLG, .733 OPS, 27 Runs
- Jeremy Peña: .252 Batting Avg, .299 OBP, .443 SLG, .742 OPS, 43 Runs
- Jacob Meyers: .216 Batting Avg, .267 OBP, .330 SLG, .597 OPS, 9 Runs
- Jose Altuve: .273 Batting Avg, .362 OBP, .506 SLG, .868 OPS, 57 Runs
- Kyle Tucker: .242 Batting Avg, .328 OBP, .452 SLG, .780 OPS, 43 Runs
- Alexander Bregman: .242 Batting Avg, .350 OBP, .423 SLG, .773 OPS, 53 Runs
The Astros and Red Sox have met three times this season, with the Astros winning once and the Red Sox winning twice. Their most recent matchup on May 18, 2022 ended 5-1 with the Boston Red Sox taking the win.
MLB Computer Picks For Betting Previews
MLB computer picks are betting recommendations made by an AI computer algorithm with a final check by sports betting analyst.
The AI algorithm considers various data points to come up with its betting prediction. Betting trends, game venue, line-ups, weather, injury, news updates, and a wide range of stats are the factors taken into account when making MLB betting preview computer picks.
A professional sports bettor performs the final check.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best MLB Odds across legal sportsbooks.
Sign up for BestOdds’ Newsletter
The most entertaining betting analysis and cherry-picked insights in your inbox.
White Sox vs. Astros Player Props | Johnny Cueto | Monday
The Houston Astros visit the Chicago White Sox at Guaranteed Rate Field, taking the field at 8:10pm ET on Monday August 15th. The Chicago White Sox are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8.5 runs…
White Sox vs. Astros Player Props | Andrew Vaughn | Monday
Washington Nationals vs Chicago Cubs Betting Odds & Game Analysis | August 15
The Chicago Cubs visit the Washington Nationals at Nationals Park, taking the field at 7:05pm ET on Monday August 15th, 7:05pm ET. The Washington Nationals are 1.5-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8 runs…
Twins vs. Royals Player Props | Luis Arraez | Monday
The Kansas City Royals visit the Minnesota Twins at Target Field, taking the field at 7:40pm ET on Monday August 15th. The Kansas City Royals are 1.5-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8.5 runs…