Green Bay Packers vs. New Orleans Saints: Best Odds and Preview for Week 1
The Green Bay Packers (0-0) are considered favorites (-4.5) according to the oddsmakers ahead of their game versus the New Orleans Saints (0-0) on September 12, 2021, starting at 4:25 PM ET. The matchup has an over/under of 50 points.
Best odds for Packers vs. Saints
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Green Bay Packers and New Orleans Saints in which the Packers are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Packers Vs. Saints Spread Betting Action
Green Bay stats and betting info
Betting trends for Green Bay
- Green Bay put together a 10-6-0 ATS record last year.
- The Packers covered the spread seven times last season (7-4 ATS) when playing as at least 4.5-point favorites.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total nine times in Green Bay’s games.
|Pass yards||268.7 (4299)||11|
|Rush yards||132.4 (2118)||8|
|Points scored||31.8 (509)||1|
|Pass yards against||237.1 (3793)||8|
|Rush yards against||112.8 (1805)||13|
|Points allowed||23.1 (369)||13|
Key players for Green Bay
- Aaron Rodgers’ previous season stat line featured 4,299 passing yards (268.7 yards per game) while going 372-for-526 (70.7% completion percentage) with 48 touchdowns and five interceptions.
- Last year, Aaron Jones went to work rushing for 1,104 yards on 201 attempts (69.0 yards per game) and scored nine touchdowns. Jones collected 22.2 receiving yards per game with 47 catches for 355 yards and two touchdowns as well.
- A.J. Dillon collected 242 rushing yards on 46 carries (22.0 yards per game) and two touchdowns last season.
- In the previous season, Davante Adams amassed 115 receptions for 1,374 yards and 18 touchdowns. He was targeted 149 times and he averaged 85.9 yards per game.
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling produced last year by grabbing 33 passes for 690 yards and six touchdowns. He averaged 43.1 receiving yards per game and was targeted 63 times.
- Robert Tonyan’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 586 yards, 52 catches, 11 touchdowns, and 36.6 yards per game (on 59 targets).
Green Bay injuries
Packers: Montravius Adams: Doubtful (Toe), Billy Turner: Doubtful (Knee), Randy Ramsey: Out (Groin), Raven Greene: Questionable (Quadricep)
New Orleans stats and betting info
Betting trends for New Orleans
- New Orleans compiled a 9-7-0 ATS record last season.
- New Orleans’ games hit the over 10 out of 16 times last year.
|Pass yards||246.6 (3945)||20|
|Rush yards||141.6 (2265)||6|
|Points scored||30.1 (482)||5|
|Pass yards against||234.9 (3759)||7|
|Rush yards against||93.9 (1502)||4|
|Points allowed||21.1 (337)||5|
Key players for New Orleans
- Taysom Hill completed 72.7% of his passes to throw for 928 yards and four touchdowns last season. Hill also helped on the ground, collecting eight touchdowns on 28.6 yards per game.
- Alvin Kamara racked up 16 rushing touchdowns on 62.1 yards per game last year. Kamara was also productive in the passing game, totaling 83 catches and five touchdowns over the course of the year.
- Last season Latavius Murray rushed for 43.7 yards per game. He also scored five touchdowns.
- Tre’Quan Smith caught 34 passes last season on his way to 448 yards and four receiving touchdowns.
- Marquez Callaway averaged 16.4 receiving yards per game on 2.1 targets per game a season ago.
New Orleans injuries
Saints: Marcus Davenport: Out (Elbow), Cesar Ruiz: Out (Ankle), P.J. Williams: Questionable (Hamstring)
Pick for Packers vs. Saints
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis favors the Packers to cover the spread against the Saints.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.