Fresno State vs. New Mexico: Best Odds and College Football Preview for 11/13/2021
In a battle of two conference rivals, the Fresno State Bulldogs (7-3, 0-0 MWC) will face off against the New Mexico Lobos (3-6, 0-0 MWC). The Bulldogs are big favorites, expected to win by at least two touchdowns (currently -24.5). The expected point total for the matchup is set at 50.5.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Fresno State stats and betting info
Betting trends for Fresno State
- Fresno State’s ATS record is 6-4-0 this season.
- The Bulldogs have a 2-1 record against the spread in games they were favored by 24.5 points or more this season.
- In Fresno State’s 10 games with a set total, five have hit the over (50%).
- Fresno State and its opponents have combined to outscore Saturday’s total (50.5 points) seven times this season.
- On average, the Bulldogs have seen a 59.5 over/under in their games this season, 9.0 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The Bulldogs average 467.8 yards per game, 124.1 more yards than the 343.7 the Lobos allow per contest.
- When Fresno State picks up over 343.7 yards, the team is 6-3.
- The Bulldogs have turned the ball over 20 times this season, nine more turnovers than the Lobos have forced (11).
|Pass yards||331.3 (3313)||9|
|Rush yards||136.5 (1365)||95|
|Points scored||32.9 (329)||19|
|Pass yards against||228.9 (2289)||61|
|Rush yards against||130.2 (1302)||37|
|Points allowed||22.7 (227)||45|
Key players for Fresno State
- Jake Haener has thrown for 3,167 yards (316.7 ypg) to lead Fresno State, completing 66% of his passes and recording 25 touchdown passes and nine interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Ronnie Rivers, has carried the ball 128 times for 652 yards (65.2 per game), with four touchdowns this year. He’s also caught 28 passes for 268 yards (26.8 per game) and one touchdown.
- Jalen Cropper’s 710 receiving yards (71.0 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s totaled 64 receptions and 10 touchdowns.
New Mexico stats and betting info
Betting trends for New Mexico
- New Mexico has covered the spread once in eight opportunities this season.
- The Lobos are 0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 24.5 points or greater this season.
- New Mexico games have gone over the point total in three out of eight opportunities (37.5%).
- There has been just one game featuring New Mexico this season with more combined scoring than Saturday’s total of 50.5.
- Lobos games have an over/under of 47.2 points this season, 3.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
- The Lobos rack up 100.2 fewer yards per game (258.9) than the Bulldogs allow (359.1).
- The Lobos have turned the ball over 15 times, four fewer times than the Bulldogs have forced turnovers (19).
|Pass yards||136.4 (1228)||126|
|Rush yards||122.4 (1102)||103|
|Points scored||14.3 (129)||129|
|Pass yards against||203.2 (1829)||36|
|Rush yards against||140.4 (1264)||52|
|Points allowed||26.1 (235)||70|
Key players for New Mexico
- Terry Wilson leads New Mexico with 1,054 passing yards (117.1 ypg) on 99-of-172 passing with seven touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season.
- Aaron Dumas’ team-high 479 rushing yards (53.2 per game) have come on 98 carries, with one touchdown this year.
- Luke Wysong’s 226 receiving yards (25.1 yards per game) pace all receivers on the team. He’s collected 23 receptions.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!