Eastern Washington vs. Portland State Betting Odds & Game Analysis | College Football Week 12 Predictions
The Eastern Washington Eagles (8-2, 0-0 Big Sky), featuring the nation’s third-ranked passing offense, square off versus the Portland State Vikings (5-5, 0-0 Big Sky) and their 16th-ranked air attack on Saturday, November 20, 2021. The Eagles are major, 14.5-point favorites. The predicted point total for the matchup is 72.5.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Eastern Washington stats and betting info
Betting trends for Eastern Washington
- Eastern Washington has a 5-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Eagles are a perfect 2-0 against the spread when favored by 14.5 points or more this season.
- Eastern Washington games have gone over the point total in four out of eight opportunities (50%).
- Eastern Washington and its opponents have combined to go over Saturday’s total of 72.5 points three times this season.
- This season the average total for Eagles games is 67.3 points, 5.2 fewer than the over/under of 72.5 points for this contest.
- The Eagles collect 56.4 fewer yards per game (47.1) than the Vikings allow per outing (103.5).
- This year, the Eagles have three turnovers, two fewer than the Vikings have takeaways (5).
|Pass yards||407.4 (4074)||3|
|Rush yards||169.6 (1696)||35|
|Points scored||47.0 (470)||2|
|Pass yards against||195.6 (1956)||40|
|Rush yards against||158.2 (1582)||73|
|Points allowed||26.8 (268)||67|
Key players for Eastern Washington
- Eric Barriere leads Eastern Washington with 3,937 passing yards (393.7 ypg) on 268-of-404 passing with 35 touchdowns compared to six interceptions this season. He also adds 203 rushing yards (20.3 ypg) on 75 carries while scoring three touchdowns on the ground.
- Dennis Merritt’s team-high 749 rushing yards (74.9 per game) have come on 153 carries, with 14 touchdowns this year. He’s also added 27 catches for 330 yards (33.0 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Talolo Limu-Jones’ team-high 809 receiving yards (80.9 yards per game) have come on 49 receptions with three touchdowns.
Portland State stats and betting info
Betting trends for Portland State
- So far this season, Portland State has compiled a 5-3-0 record against the spread.
- The Vikings are 2-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 14.5-point underdogs.
- Portland State games have gone over the point total in four out of eight opportunities (50%).
- This season, Portland State has played just one game with a combined score higher than 72.5 points.
- The over/under for this contest is 14.1 points more than the average over/under in Vikings’ games this season (58.4 points).
- The Vikings average 55.8 more yards per game (89.7) than the Eagles allow per matchup (33.9).
- In games that Portland State churns out over 33.9 yards, the team is 0-2.
- The Vikings have turned the ball over six times this season, four more turnovers than the Eagles have forced (2).
|Pass yards||281.5 (2815)||16|
|Rush yards||130.6 (1306)||85|
|Points scored||27.5 (275)||46|
|Pass yards against||217.0 (2170)||70|
|Rush yards against||144.8 (1448)||58|
|Points allowed||28.3 (283)||73|
Key players for Portland State
- Davis Alexander has thrown for 2,736 yards (273.6 ypg) to lead Portland State, completing 60.9% of his passes and tossing 19 touchdown passes and 11 interceptions this season. He’s also figured in the ground game with 156 rushing yards (15.6 ypg) on 70 carries with six rushing touchdowns.
- Malik Walker’s team-high 827 rushing yards (82.7 per game) have come on 160 carries, with 10 touchdowns this year.
- Beau Kelly’s team-high 855 receiving yards (85.5 yards per game) have come on 62 receptions with nine touchdowns.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best college football odds across legal sportsbooks.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!