Eastern Michigan vs. Ohio: Best Odds and College Football Preview for 11/9/2021
The Eastern Michigan Eagles (6-3, 0-0 MAC) are solid favorites — expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -8) — versus the Ohio Bobcats (2-7, 0-0 MAC) in a matchup of two conference rivals. The expected point total for the matchup is set at 60.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Eastern Michigan stats and betting info
Betting trends for Eastern Michigan
- Eastern Michigan is 4-4-0 against the spread this season.
- The Eagles are 0-1 against the spread when favored by 8 points or more this season.
- Eastern Michigan games have hit the over in five out of eight opportunities (62.5%).
- Eastern Michigan and its opponents have hit the over on this game’s total (60 points) five times this season.
- This season the average total for Eagles games is 56.3 points, 3.7 fewer than the over/under of 60 points for this contest.
- The Eagles average 385.7 yards per game, 53.7 fewer yards than the 439.4 the Bobcats allow per outing.
- Eastern Michigan is 4-0 overall when the team picks up over 439.4 yards.
- The Eagles have turned the ball over four more times (11 total) than the Bobcats have forced a turnover (7) this season.
|Pass yards||268.1 (2413)||32|
|Rush yards||117.6 (1058)||106|
|Points scored||34.9 (314)||28|
|Pass yards against||237.1 (2134)||78|
|Rush yards against||187.1 (1684)||105|
|Points allowed||27.6 (248)||75|
Key players for Eastern Michigan
- Ben Bryant has 2,190 passing yards (243.3 ypg) to lead Eastern Michigan, completing 69.3% of his passes and tossing 13 touchdown passes and five interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, Jawon Hamilton, has carried the ball 76 times for 411 yards (45.7 per game), with four touchdowns this year.
- Hassan Beydoun’s 727 receiving yards (80.8 yards per game) lead all receivers on the team. He’s collected 64 receptions and three touchdowns.
Ohio stats and betting info
Betting trends for Ohio
- Ohio is 4-5-0 against the spread this season.
- The Bobcats are 0-2 against the spread when an underdog by 8 points or more this year.
- The teams have hit the over in three of Ohio’s nine games with a set total .
- There have been three Ohio games that have ended with a combined score over 60 points this season.
- A difference of 4.6 points separates this game’s over/under (60 points) and the average total points bet in Bobcats’ games (55.4 points) this season.
- The Bobcats rack up 58.2 fewer yards per game (366.0) than the Eagles allow per outing (424.2).
- When Ohio picks up over 424.2 yards, the team is 1-1.
- The Bobcats have turned the ball over 12 times, one fewer times than the Eagles have forced turnovers (13).
|Pass yards||180.2 (1622)||112|
|Rush yards||185.8 (1672)||45|
|Points scored||22.7 (204)||107|
|Pass yards against||235.1 (2116)||72|
|Rush yards against||204.3 (1839)||117|
|Points allowed||31.3 (282)||104|
Key players for Ohio
- Kurtis Rourke leads Ohio with 1,234 passing yards (137.1 ypg) on 126-of-181 passing with seven touchdowns compared to four interceptions this season. He also adds 179 rushing yards (19.9 ypg) on 46 carries while scoring three touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, De’Montre Tuggle, has carried the ball 102 times for 622 yards (69.1 per game), with seven touchdowns this year.
- Ty Walton’s 322 receiving yards (35.8 yards per game) lead the team. He has 27 receptions with two touchdowns.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!