Detroit Tigers vs. Pittsburgh Pirates: Best Odds and Preview for September 6, 2021
Miguel Cabrera will look for his 100th hit of the season (he has 98) when his Detroit Tigers (65-73) play the Pittsburgh Pirates (48-89) on Monday at 1:35 PM ET. The Tigers are favored (-132) over the Pirates (+114).
Detroit’s Tarik Skubal gets the start against Pittsburgh’s Bryse Wilson.
Best Odds for Detroit Tigers vs Pittsburgh Pirates
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Detroit Tigers and Pittsburgh Pirates in which the Tigers are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Tigers vs Pirates Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||78%||22%|
|% of Stake||85%||15%|
- The Tigers have been victorous in 13, or 59.1%, of the 22 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Contests with Detroit have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 60 of 138 chances this season.
- The Tigers have scored 603 runs (4.4 per game) this season, which ranks 19th in MLB.
- The Tigers are listed as odds-on favorites for the first time in quite a while, they have been posted as underdogs in their last 10 games.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Tigers and their foes are 5-5 in their last 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Tigers will send Skubal (8-12) to make his 25th start of the season. He is 8-12 with a 4.26 ERA and 150 strikeouts through 133 innings pitched.
- The left-hander’s last time out was on Tuesday against the Athletics, when he went five innings, surrendering six earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- Skubal’s team has a 10-14 record in his 24 starts.
- Skubal’s starts hit the over on the run total 10 times in 24 games with a set total this season.
- The Pirates have been the underdog on the moneyline 129 total times this season. They’ve gone 43-86 in those games.
- Pittsburgh has played in 137 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 66 times (66-65-6).
- The Pirates score the fewest runs in baseball (491 total, 3.6 per game).
- Pittsburgh was the moneyline underdog for each of its last 10 games, and finished 2-8 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Pirates and their opponents combined to go over the run total seven times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Wilson (0-3 with a 4.32 ERA and 16 strikeouts in 25 innings pitched) makes the start for the Pirates, his sixth of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Wednesday against the White Sox, when he tossed five innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Wilson’s team has a 1-5 record in his starts this season.
- Wilson has had six starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and one of those outings finished over the total.
Pick for Tigers vs. Pirates
Our in-depth games analysis paired with the bet split data from regulated betting sites favors the Tigers to win over the Pirates.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!