Detroit Tigers vs Houston Astros Betting Odds & Game Analysis | September 14
The Houston Astros visit the Detroit Tigers at Comerica Park, taking the field at 1:10pm ET on Wednesday September 14th, 1:10pm ET. The Detroit Tigers are 2-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 8 runs.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the Major League Baseball game between the Houston Astros and Detroit Tigers.
Detroit and Houston Betting Info
- Six of the Astros’ last seven day games against American League opponents have gone OVER the total runs line.
- The Tigers have lost each of their last 10 games against AL West Division opponents that held a winning record.
Houston Astros Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.246|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.5|
Key Players for Houston
- Thomas Pressly: 3.18 ERA, 11.57 K/9, 0.91 WHIP
- Blake Taylor: 3.94 ERA, 5.07 K/9, 1.56 WHIP
- Hunter Brown: 1.50 ERA, 8.25 K/9, 0.92 WHIP
- Martín Maldonado: .172 Batting Avg, .240 OBP, .328 SLG, .568 OPS, 32 Runs
- Yordan Alvarez: .295 Batting Avg, .403 OBP, .598 SLG, 1.001 OPS, 84 Runs
- Joseph Mancini: .198 Batting Avg, .289 OBP, .425 SLG, .714 OPS, 14 Runs
- Yulieski Gurriel: .245 Batting Avg, .293 OBP, .370 SLG, .663 OPS, 49 Runs
- Chas McCormick: .236 Batting Avg, .321 OBP, .411 SLG, .732 OPS, 39 Runs
- Jeremy Peña: .251 Batting Avg, .285 OBP, .407 SLG, .692 OPS, 59 Runs
- Jose Altuve: .293 Batting Avg, .379 OBP, .516 SLG, .895 OPS, 86 Runs
- Kyle Tucker: .257 Batting Avg, .331 OBP, .477 SLG, .808 OPS, 65 Runs
- Alexander Bregman: .268 Batting Avg, .377 OBP, .471 SLG, .848 OPS, 86 Runs
Detroit Tigers Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.230|
|AVG Runs Scored||3.3|
Key Players for Detroit
- Gregory Soto: 3.53 ERA, 9.53 K/9, 1.37 WHIP
- Joseph Wentz: 4.05 ERA, 6.75 K/9, 0.98 WHIP
- Garrett Hill: 3.83 ERA, 5.23 K/9, 1.30 WHIP
- Tucker Barnhart: .208 Batting Avg, .275 OBP, .252 SLG, .527 OPS, 13 Runs
- Ednel Báez: .231 Batting Avg, .273 OBP, .369 SLG, .642 OPS, 52 Runs
- Jeimer Candelario: .203 Batting Avg, .264 OBP, .354 SLG, .618 OPS, 45 Runs
- Riley Greene: .257 Batting Avg, .321 OBP, .376 SLG, .697 OPS, 39 Runs
- Kerry Carpenter: .260 Batting Avg, .321 OBP, .507 SLG, .828 OPS, 12 Runs
- Victor Reyes: .270 Batting Avg, .303 OBP, .367 SLG, .670 OPS, 22 Runs
- Willi Castro: .243 Batting Avg, .286 OBP, .357 SLG, .643 OPS, 43 Runs
- Harold Castro: .270 Batting Avg, .301 OBP, .381 SLG, .682 OPS, 35 Runs
- Akil Baddoo: .184 Batting Avg, .263 OBP, .227 SLG, .490 OPS, 17 Runs
In the last 5 matchups between the Tigers and Astros, the Tigers won none and the Astros won five times. Their most recent matchup on September 13, 2022 ended 6-3 with the Houston Astros taking the win.
MLB Computer Picks For Betting Previews
MLB computer picks are betting recommendations made by an AI computer algorithm with a final check by sports betting analyst.
The AI algorithm considers various data points to come up with its betting prediction. Betting trends, game venue, line-ups, weather, injury, news updates, and a wide range of stats are the factors taken into account when making MLB betting preview computer picks.
A professional sports bettor performs the final check.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best MLB Odds across legal sportsbooks.
Sign up for BestOdds’ Newsletter
The most entertaining betting analysis and cherry-picked insights in your inbox.