Detroit Lions vs. Denver Broncos Betting Odds & Game Analysis | NFL Week 14 Predictions
The Denver Broncos (6-6) are considered favorites (-8) according to the bookmakers ahead of their game versus the Detroit Lions (1-10-1) on December 12, 2021, starting at 4:05 PM ET. The game has an over/under of 42 points.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Denver Broncos and Detroit Lions in which the Lions are currently the pick to cover the spread at sportsbooks based on money wagered, yet the Broncos have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Broncos Vs. Lions Spread Betting Action
Denver stats and betting info
Betting trends for Denver
- So far this season, Denver has put together a 6-6-0 record against the spread.
- When they have played as at least 8-point favorites this season, the Broncos are 1-0 against the spread.
- In Denver’s 12 games with a set total, two have hit the over (16.7%).
|Pass yards||242.8 (2914)||19|
|Rush yards||118.0 (1416)||12|
|Points scored||19.8 (237)||24|
|Pass yards against||235.1 (2821)||9|
|Rush yards against||105.2 (1262)||11|
|Points allowed||18.2 (218)||3|
Key players for Denver
- Teddy Bridgewater has 2,775 passing yards for Denver, completing 67.3% of his passes and collecting 16 touchdowns and seven interceptions this season.
- Javonte Williams has 670 rushing yards on 140 carries with two touchdowns. He’s also added 33 catches for 269 yards (22.4 per game) and two touchdowns via the passing game.
- Melvin Gordon III has carried the ball 135 times for 605 yards (50.4 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Courtland Sutton has hauled in 47 receptions for 649 yards (54.1 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone two times as a receiver.
- Tim Patrick has put up a 558-yard season so far with four touchdowns, hauling in 40 passes on 61 targets.
- Noah Fant has hauled in 49 grabs for 424 yards, an average of 35.3 yards per game. He’s scored three times as a receiver this season.
Broncos: Trey Marshall: Questionable (Shin), Graham Glasgow: Doubtful (Ankle), Garett Bolles: Questionable (Illness), Tyrie Cleveland: Questionable (Illness)
Detroit stats and betting info
Betting trends for Detroit
- Detroit’s ATS record is 8-4-0 this season.
- The Lions have a 4-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 8 points or more this year.
- Detroit has gone over in four of its 12 games with a set total (33.3%).
|Pass yards||222.5 (2670)||26|
|Rush yards||109.8 (1318)||20|
|Points scored||16.9 (203)||29|
|Pass yards against||262.2 (3146)||20|
|Rush yards against||131.1 (1573)||28|
|Points allowed||26.3 (316)||27|
Key players for Detroit
- Jared Goff leads Detroit with 2,576 yards on 266-of-399 passing with 13 touchdowns compared to seven interceptions this season.
- The team’s top rusher, D’Andre Swift, has carried the ball 140 times for 555 yards (46.3 per game), with four touchdowns this year. He’s proven to be a dual threat, racking up 429 receiving yards (35.8 per game) on 56 catches with two receiving touchdowns.
- Jamaal Williams has run for 459 yards across 110 carries, scoring two touchdowns.
- T.J. Hockenson has collected 61 receptions this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 583 (48.6 yards per game). He’s been targeted 84 times and has and four touchdowns.
- Amon-Ra St. Brown has 49 receptions (on 64 targets) for a total of 438 yards (36.5 yards per game) and one touchdown this year.
Lions: Jeff Okudah: Out (Groin), Tyrell Crosby: Out (Ankle), John Penisini: Questionable (Shoulder), Austin Bryant: Questionable (Thigh), C.J. Moore: Questionable (Ankle), D’Andre Swift: Questionable (Illness), Da’Shawn Hand: Questionable (Groin), Kenny Golladay: Out (Hip), Matthew Stafford: Questionable (Right Thumb)
Pick for Broncos vs. Lions
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites paired with our in-depth games analysis favors the Broncos to cover the spread against the Lions.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best NFL odds across legal sportsbooks.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!