Denver Nuggets vs San Antonio Spurs: Best Odds & NBA Betting Preview | 10/22/2021
The Denver Nuggets (1-0) host the San Antonio Spurs (1-0) at Ball Arena, tipping off at 9:00 PM ET on Friday, October 22, 2021. The Nuggets are 7-point favorites in the game.
Best odds for Nuggets vs. Spurs
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NBA matchup between the Denver Nuggets and San Antonio Spurs.
Nuggets stats and betting info
Betting trends for Denver
- Denver covered 34 times in 70 matchups with a spread last season.
- When playing as at least 7-point favorites last season, the Nuggets had an ATS record of 7-9.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total 39 times in Denver’s games.
- The Nuggets finished with a 39-16 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 70.9% of those games).
- Denver did not play a game last season with moneyline odds of or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Nuggets’ implied win probability is 0.0%.
|Field Goal %||48.5||4|
|Opp. Field Goal %||46.9||18|
|Rebounds Per Game||44.4||13|
|Opp. Rebounds Per Game||41.2||1|
|Turnovers Per Game||12.8||19|
|Opp. Turnovers Per Game||13.5||17|
Key players for Denver (Stats from 2020-21)
- Nikola Jokic: 26.4 PTS, 10.8 REB, 8.3 AST, 1.3 STL, 56.6 FG%, 38.8 3PT% (92-for-237)
- Michael Porter Jr.: 19.0 PTS, 7.3 REB, 54.2 FG%, 44.5 3PT% (170-for-382)
- Jamal Murray: 21.2 PTS, 1.3 STL, 47.7 FG%, 40.8 3PT% (129-for-316)
- Will Barton: 12.7 PTS, 42.6 FG%, 38.1 3PT% (98-for-257)
- Jeff Green: 11.0 PTS, 49.2 FG%, 41.2 3PT% (103-for-250)
Nuggets Injuries: Jamal Murray: Out (Knee)
Spurs stats and betting info
Betting trends for San Antonio
- San Antonio put together a 35-29-2 record against the spread last season.
- The Spurs had an ATS record of 6-2 when playing as at least 7-point underdogs last year.
- San Antonio’s games went over the point total 34 out of 66 times last year.
- Last season, the Spurs won 14 out of the 36 games, or 38.9%, in which they were the underdog.
- San Antonio entered 66 games last season as the underdog by or more and was 31-35 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win by the Spurs, based on the moneyline, is 0.0%.
|Field Goal %||46.2||20|
|Opp. Field Goal %||47.2||22|
|Rebounds Per Game||43.9||18|
|Opp. Rebounds Per Game||47.4||28|
|Turnovers Per Game||11.0||29|
|Opp. Turnovers Per Game||12.5||10|
Key players for San Antonio (2020-21 stats)
- Dejounte Murray: 15.7 PTS, 7.1 REB, 5.4 AST, 1.5 STL, 45.3 FG%, 31.7 3PT% (63-for-199)
- Thaddeus Young: 12.2 PTS, 1.1 STL, 55.9 FG%, 26.7 3PT% (12-for-45)
- Jakob Poeltl: 8.6 PTS, 7.9 REB, 1.8 BLK, 61.6 FG%
- Keldon Johnson: 12.8 PTS, 47.9 FG%, 33.1 3PT% (60-for-181)
- Doug McDermott: 13.6 PTS, 53.2 FG%, 38.8 3PT% (111-for-286)
Spurs Injuries: Devontae Cacok: Day To Day (Not With Team), Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!