Denver Nuggets vs. Atlanta Hawks Betting Odds & Game Analysis | December 17
In a game featuring a pair of the brightest stars in the league, Trae Young and the Atlanta Hawks (14-14) will battle Nikola Jokic and the Denver Nuggets (14-14) on December 17, 2021 at State Farm Arena. The Hawks are favored by four points. The matchup’s over/under is set at 221.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NBA matchup between the Atlanta Hawks and Denver Nuggets.
Hawks stats and betting info
Betting trends for Atlanta
- Atlanta’s ATS record is 12-16-0 this season.
- In games this season they were favored by 4 points or more, the Hawks have a 6-7 record against the spread.
- A total of 14 of Atlanta’s 28 games with a set total have hit the over (50%).
- Atlanta and its opponents have combined to go over Friday’s over/under of 221 points 13 times this season.
- This season the average total for Hawks games is 220.6 points, 0.4 fewer than the over/under of 221 points for this contest.
- The Hawks have won 63.2% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (12-7).
- Atlanta is 8-5 (winning 61.5% of its games) when it has played as a moneyline favorite of -170 or shorter.
- The Hawks have a 63.0% chance to win this contest based on the moneyline’s implied probability.
Key players for Atlanta
- Trae Young: 27.0 PTS, 9.3 AST, 46.1 FG%, 38.3 3PT% (77-for-201)
- Clint Capela: 11.4 PTS, 12.9 REB, 1.5 BLK, 57.0 FG%
- John Collins: 17.1 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.3 BLK, 55.7 FG%, 40.2 3PT% (35-for-87)
- Kevin Huerter: 10.7 PTS, 46.7 FG%, 38.4 3PT% (48-for-125)
- Danilo Gallinari: 9.6 PTS, 42.5 FG%, 42.1 3PT% (40-for-95)
Hawks Injuries: De’Andre Hunter: Out (Wrist), Bogdan Bogdanovic: Out (Ankle), Onyeka Okongwu: Day To Day (Shoulder), Solomon Hill: Out For Season (Hamstring)
Nuggets stats and betting info
Betting trends for Denver
- Atlanta is 12-16-0 against the spread this season.
- The Hawks are 6-7 against the spread when favored by 4 points or more this season.
- The teams have hit the over in 14 of Atlanta’s 28 games with a set total.
- This season, nine of Denver’s games have ended with a score higher than 221 points.
- A difference of 7.3 points separates this contest’s over/under (221 points) and the average total points bet in Nuggets’ games (213.7 points) this season.
- The Nuggets have won six, or 40%, of the 15 games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Denver is 1-5 this season when entering a game as the underdog by +150 or more on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Nuggets have a 40.0% chance to win.
Key players for Denver
- Nikola Jokic: 26.6 PTS, 13.6 REB, 7.5 AST, 1.3 STL, 58.8 FG%, 37.9 3PT% (39-for-103)
- Aaron Gordon: 14.0 PTS, 51.5 FG%, 34.1 3PT% (28-for-82)
- Will Barton: 16.0 PTS, 44.3 FG%, 38.2 3PT% (60-for-157)
- Monte Morris: 12.8 PTS, 48.4 FG%, 36.9 3PT% (45-for-122)
- Jeff Green: 9.6 PTS, 48.4 FG%, 32.8 3PT% (20-for-61)
Nuggets Injuries: PJ Dozier: Out (ACL), JaMychal Green: Day To Day (Ankle), Michael Porter Jr.: Out For Season (Back), Austin Rivers: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols), Jamal Murray: Out (Knee)
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best NBA odds across legal sportsbooks.
Support us by signing up to one of the legal sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!