Denver Broncos vs. New York Giants: Best Odds and Preview for Week 1
The Denver Broncos (0-0) are favored by 3 points versus the New York Giants (0-0) on September 12, 2021, starting at 4:25 PM ET. The total for this one is set at 42 points.
Best odds for Broncos vs. Giants
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Denver Broncos and New York Giants in which the Broncos are currently the pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Broncos Vs. Giants Spread Betting Action
Denver stats and betting info
Betting trends for Denver
- Denver compiled a 9-7-0 ATS record last year.
- Denver’s games went over the point total eight out of 16 times last season.
|Pass yards||229.6 (3673)||28|
|Rush yards||119.9 (1918)||13|
|Points scored||20.2 (323)||28|
|Pass yards against||255.6 (4089)||17|
|Rush yards against||130.0 (2080)||25|
|Points allowed||27.9 (446)||25|
Key players for Denver
- Last season, Teddy Bridgewater put up 3,733 passing yards (233.3 yards per game), a 69.1% completion percentage (340-of-492), 15 touchdowns, and only 11 interceptions. He also added 279 rushing yards on 53 carries with five rushing touchdowns (averaging 17.4 yards per game).
- Last year, Melvin Gordon III took 215 attempts for 986 rushing yards (61.6 yards per game) and scored nine touchdowns.
- In the previous season, Jerry Jeudy picked up 52 receptions for 856 yards and three touchdowns. He was targeted 113 times and he averaged 53.5 yards per game.
- Tim Patrick produced last year by grabbing 51 passes for 742 yards and six touchdowns. He collected 46.4 receiving yards per game and was targeted 79 times.
- Last season Noah Fant hauled in 62 passes on 93 targets for 673 yards and three touchdowns, compiling 42.1 receiving yards per game.
Broncos: Von Miller: Out (Ankle), Mark Barron: Out (Hamstring), Courtland Sutton: Questionable (Shoulder), KJ Hamler: Questionable (Hamstring)
New York stats and betting info
Betting trends for New York
- New York went 9-7-0 ATS last season.
- The Giants covered the spread eight times last season (8-5 ATS) when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- In New York’s games last year, the combined scoring went over the point total three times.
|Pass yards||208.5 (3336)||29|
|Rush yards||110.5 (1768)||19|
|Points scored||17.5 (280)||31|
|Pass yards against||258.1 (4130)||20|
|Rush yards against||111.4 (1782)||10|
|Points allowed||22.3 (357)||9|
Key players for New York
- Daniel Jones completed 62.5% of his passes to throw for 2,943 and 11 touchdowns last season. Jones also contributed on the ground, accumulating one touchdown on 26.4 yards per game.
- Devontae Booker averaged 26.4 rushing yards per game and collected three rushing touchdowns last year.
- Darius Slayton averaged 46.9 yards on 3.1 receptions per game and racked up three receiving touchdowns in 2020.
- Sterling Shepard averaged 54.7 receiving yards on 7.5 targets per game in 2020, scoring three touchdowns.
- Evan Engram grabbed 63 passes on his way to 654 receiving yards and one touchdown a season ago.
New York injuries
Giants: Golden Tate: Questionable (Hamstring), Tae Crowder: Questionable (Hamstring), Levine Toilolo: Questionable (Hamstring)
Pick for Broncos vs. Giants
The Broncos are favored to cover the spread against the Giants based on our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more NFL insights and betting odds check all of our NFL content here.