Denver Broncos vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Best Odds and Preview for Week 2
The Denver Broncos (1-0) are considered favorites (-6) according to the oddsmakers ahead of their game against the Jacksonville Jaguars (0-1) on September 19, 2021, starting at 1:00 PM ET. The total for this one is set at 45.5 points.
Best odds for Broncos vs. Jaguars
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Denver Broncos and Jacksonville Jaguars in which the Broncos are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Broncos Vs. Jaguars Spread Betting Action
Denver stats and betting info
Betting trends for Denver
- Denver went 9-7-0 ATS last season.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total eight times in Denver’s games.
|Pass yards||229.6 (3673)||28|
|Rush yards||119.9 (1918)||13|
|Points scored||20.2 (323)||28|
|Pass yards against||255.6 (4089)||17|
|Rush yards against||130.0 (2080)||25|
|Points allowed||27.9 (446)||25|
Key players for Denver
- Last season, Teddy Bridgewater put together 3,733 passing yards (233.3 yards per game), a 69.1% completion percentage (340-of-492), 15 touchdowns, and only 11 interceptions. He also added 279 rushing yards on 53 carries with five rushing touchdowns (averaging 17.4 yards per game).
- Last year, Melvin Gordon III took 215 carries for 986 rushing yards (61.6 yards per game) and scored nine touchdowns.
- In the previous season, Jerry Jeudy collected 52 receptions for 856 yards and three touchdowns. He was targeted 113 times and he averaged 53.5 yards per game.
- Tim Patrick produced last year by grabbing 51 passes for 742 yards and six touchdowns. He collected 46.4 receiving yards per game and was targeted 79 times.
- Noah Fant’s stat line last year looked like this: a total of 673 yards, 62 catches, three touchdowns, and 42.1 yards per game (on 93 targets).
Broncos: Garett Bolles: Questionable (Elbow), Mark Barron: Out (Hamstring), Tyrie Cleveland: Questionable (Hip), Phillip Lindsay: Out (Foot), Courtland Sutton: Questionable (Shoulder)
Jacksonville stats and betting info
Betting trends for Jacksonville
- Jacksonville went 7-9-0 ATS last year.
- The Jaguars were 7-6 ATS last season when playing as at least 6-point underdogs.
- Jacksonville and its opponents combined to go over the point total eight out of 16 times last season.
|Pass yards||247.2 (3955)||19|
|Rush yards||94.9 (1519)||28|
|Points scored||19.1 (306)||30|
|Pass yards against||270.1 (4322)||24|
|Rush yards against||153.3 (2452)||30|
|Points allowed||30.8 (492)||31|
Key players for Jacksonville
- C.J. Beathard completed 63.5% of his passes to throw for 787 yards and six touchdowns last season.
- James Robinson racked up seven rushing touchdowns on 66.9 yards per game last season. Robinson was also productive in the passing game, accumulating 49 catches and three touchdowns over the course of the year.
- Carlos Hyde ran for four touchdowns on 356 yards a year ago.
- Marvin Jones Jr. averaged 61.1 yards on 4.8 receptions per game and compiled nine receiving touchdowns in 2020.
- D.J. Chark caught 53 passes last season on his way to 706 yards and five receiving touchdowns.
- Laviska Shenault Jr. played his way to five receiving touchdowns and 600 receiving yards (37.5 ypg) last season.
Jaguars: Tyler Davis: Out (Knee)
Pick for Broncos vs. Jaguars
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites favors the Broncos to cover the spread against the Jaguars.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more NFL insights and betting odds check all of our NFL content here.