Dallas Cowboys vs. New York Giants: Best Odds and Preview for Week 5
Having taken three in a row, the Dallas Cowboys (3-1) will face the New York Giants (1-3). The Cowboys are solid favorites, expected to win by at least a touchdown (currently -7). The over/under for this one is set at 52 points.
Best odds for Cowboys vs. Giants
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Dallas Cowboys and New York Giants in which the Cowboys are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Cowboys Vs. Giants Spread Betting Action
Dallas stats and betting info
Betting trends for Dallas
- Dallas is 4-0-0 against the spread this season.
- Dallas has gone over in three of its four games with a set total (75%).
|Pass yards||266.5 (1066)||14|
|Rush yards||165.8 (663)||2|
|Points scored||31.5 (126)||4|
|Pass yards against||336.0 (1344)||31|
|Rush yards against||81.0 (324)||6|
|Points allowed||24.3 (97)||17|
Key players for Dallas
- Dak Prescott has 1,066 pass yards for Dallas, completing 75.2% of his passes and recording 10 touchdowns and two interceptions this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 54 rushing yards (13.5 ypg) on 17 carries.
- Ezekiel Elliott has carried the ball 64 times for a team-high 342 yards on the ground and has found the end zone four times.
- Tony Pollard has been handed the ball 37 times this year and racked up 250 yards (62.5 per game) with one touchdown. He’s also contributed in the passing game with eight grabs for 65 yards.
- CeeDee Lamb’s leads his squad with 264 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 20 catches (out of 32 targets) and scored one touchdown.
- Amari Cooper has put together a 258-yard season so far with three touchdowns, reeling in 22 passes on 29 targets.
- Dalton Schultz’s 20 grabs have yielded 201 yards and three touchdowns.
Cowboys: Tyron Smith: Out (Neck), Joe Looney: Out (Knee)
New York stats and betting info
Betting trends for New York
- New York has covered the spread twice in four opportunities this year.
- When they have played as at least 7-point underdogs this year, the Giants are 1-0 against the spread.
- Two of New York’s four games with a set total have hit the over (50%).
|Pass yards||296.0 (1184)||8|
|Rush yards||101.5 (406)||20|
|Points scored||20.8 (83)||20|
|Pass yards against||269.5 (1078)||19|
|Rush yards against||122.8 (491)||21|
|Points allowed||23.8 (95)||15|
Key players for New York
- Daniel Jones has been a dual threat to lead New York in both passing and rushing. He has 1,184 passing yards (296.0 per game) while completing 66.7% of his passes. He’s thrown four touchdown passes and one interception this season. On the ground, he’s compiled 188 yards (47.0 ypg) on 27 carries with two rushing touchdowns.
- Saquon Barkley is a key figure in this offense, with 186 rushing yards on 52 carries with two touchdowns and a team-high 130 receiving yards (32.5 per game) on 14 catches with one touchdown
- Kenny Golladay has collected 17 catches this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 282 (70.5 yards per game). He’s been targeted 26 times and has .
- Sterling Shepard has put up a 223-yard season so far with one touchdown. He’s caught 18 passes on 22 targets.
New York injuries
Giants: Adrian Colbert: Questionable (Neck), Kyler Fackrell: Questionable (Neck), Jabrill Peppers: Questionable (Ankle), Oshane Ximines: Out (Shoulder)
Pick for Cowboys vs. Giants
The Cowboys are favored to cover the spread against the Giants based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more NFL insights and betting odds check all of our NFL content here.