Dallas Cowboys vs. New England Patriots: Best Odds and Preview for Week 6
The Dallas Cowboys (4-1) are the favorites, expected to win by at least a field goal but less than a touchdown (currently -4) over the New England Patriots (2-3). The Cowboys have taken four games in a row. The predicted point total for the matchup is 49.5.
Best odds for Cowboys vs. Patriots
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Dallas Cowboys and New England Patriots in which the Cowboys are currently the clear pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Cowboys Vs. Patriots Spread Betting Action
Dallas stats and betting info
Betting trends for Dallas
- Dallas has covered or pushed in every game with a spread (5-0-0) this season.
- When they have played as at least 4-point favorites this season, the Cowboys are 2-0 against the spread.
- Four of Dallas’ five games with a set total have hit the over (80%).
|Pass yards||278.0 (1390)||9|
|Rush yards||172.8 (864)||2|
|Points scored||34.0 (170)||2|
|Pass yards against||327.6 (1638)||31|
|Rush yards against||79.4 (397)||5|
|Points allowed||23.4 (117)||15|
Key players for Dallas
- Dak Prescott has 1,368 yards passing for Dallas, completing 73.9% of his passes and tossing 13 touchdowns and three interceptions this season. He’s also contributed on the ground with 60 rushing yards (12.0 ypg) on 19 carries.
- Ezekiel Elliott has racked up 452 yards on 85 carries while finding paydirt five times as a runner.
- Tony Pollard has racked up 325 yards on 51 attempts, scoring one time. He’s grabbed 12 passes for 93 yards (18.6 per game), as well.
- CeeDee Lamb has hauled in 24 receptions for 348 yards (69.6 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone two times as a receiver.
- Amari Cooper has caught 25 passes while averaging 63.6 yards per game and scoring four touchdowns.
- Dalton Schultz’s 26 grabs have turned into 280 yards and three touchdowns.
Cowboys: No Injuries Listed
New England stats and betting info
Betting trends for New England
- New England is 2-3-0 against the spread this season.
- When they have played as at least 4-point underdogs this year, the Patriots are 1-0 against the spread.
- New England has gone over in one of five games with a set total (20%).
|Pass yards||257.6 (1288)||19|
|Rush yards||80.0 (400)||27|
|Points scored||19.2 (96)||25|
|Pass yards against||224.2 (1121)||6|
|Rush yards against||111.0 (555)||14|
|Points allowed||18.4 (92)||5|
Key players for New England
- Mac Jones leads New England with 1,243 yards on 135-of-190 passing with five touchdowns compared to five interceptions this season.
- Damien Harris has carried the ball 63 times for 230 yards, with two touchdowns.
- James White has totaled 38 yards on 10 carries with one touchdown, while also catching 12 passes for 94 yards.
- Jakobi Meyers has hauled in 302 receiving yards on 31 catches to pace his team so far this season.
- Hunter Henry has 20 receptions (on 26 targets) for a total of 216 yards (43.2 yards per game) and two touchdowns this year.
- Kendrick Bourne’s 22 targets have resulted in 17 grabs for 207 yards and one touchdown.
New England injuries
Patriots: Julian Edelman: Questionable (Knee), Isaiah Wynn: Questionable (Calf), Adam Butler: Questionable (Shoulder), Shaq Mason: Questionable (Calf)
Pick for Cowboys vs. Patriots
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the bet split data from regulated betting sites points to the Cowboys being favored to cover the spread against the Patriots.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!