Cubs vs. Pirates Player Props | Alfonso Rivas | Thursday
The Chicago Cubs visit the Pittsburgh Pirates at PNC Park, taking the field at 6:35pm ET on Thursday September 22nd. The Chicago Cubs are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 7.5 runs.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at Chicago Cubs player Alfonso Rivas as the Cubs face the Pittsburgh Pirates in Major League Baseball action.
In the last 5 matchups between the Pirates and Cubs, the Pirates won twice and the Cubs won three times. Their most recent matchup on July 26, 2022 ended 4-2 with the Chicago Cubs taking the win.
Alfonso Rivas Season Stats
- Games Played: 90 | Home Runs: 3 | RBI: 25 | Runs: 24 | Batting Average: .239 | OBP: .320 | SLG: .319 | OPS: .639.
- Rivas’ Hits line for tonight’s matchup vs. Pittsburgh Pirates is set at 0.5 which is 0.10 less than than his season average of 0.60.
- Rivas’ Runs Scored line for tonight’s matchup vs. Pittsburgh Pirates is set at 0.5 which is 0.23 more than than his season average of 0.27.
- Rivas’ RBIs line for tonight’s matchup vs. Pittsburgh Pirates is set at 0.5 which is 0.22 more than than his season average of 0.28.
- Rivas’ Home Runs line for tonight’s matchup vs. Pittsburgh Pirates is set at 0.5 which is 0.47 more than than his season average of 0.03.
Alfonso Rivas Stats vs. Pittsburgh
Alfonso Rivas Notable Teammates
The The Pittsburgh Pirates are 1-4 in their last five games, while the Chicago Cubs are heading into this matchup with a record of 4-1 in their last five contests.
The Cubs’ 64-85 record in 2022 puts them in 3rd place in the NL Central with a 30-36 division record and 11th place in the National League with a 58-71 league record.
The Pittsburgh Pirates are 55-94, sitting in 5th place in the NL Central with a 28-35 division record and 14th place in the National League with a 51-78 league record.
Pittsburgh Pirates Stat Rankings
|Team Batting Avg||.221||29|
MLB Computer Picks For Betting Previews
MLB computer picks are betting recommendations made by an AI computer algorithm with a final check by sports betting analysts.
The AI algorithm considers various data points to come up with its betting prediction. Betting trends, game venue, line-ups, weather, injury, news updates, and a wide range of stats are the factors taken into account when making MLB betting preview computer picks.
A professional sports bettor performs the final check.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best MLB Player Props across legal sportsbooks.
Sign up for BestOdds’ Newsletter
The most entertaining betting analysis and cherry-picked insights in your inbox.