Colorado Rockies vs. Washington Nationals: Best Odds and Preview for September 28, 2021
Patrick Corbin will attempt to pick up his 10th victory of the season when his Washington Nationals (65-92) visit the Colorado Rockies (71-85) at Coors Field on Tuesday at 8:40 PM ET. The Nationals are underdogs in the matchup (+119) against the Rockies (-139).
Colorado’s Kyle Freeland and Washington’s Corbin will start this matchup.
Best Odds for Colorado Rockies vs Washington Nationals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Colorado Rockies and Washington Nationals in which the Rockies are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Rockies vs Nationals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||73%||27%|
|% of Stake||82%||18%|
- The Rockies have come away with 27 wins in the 40 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Colorado and their opponents have gone over in 63 of their 156 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Rockies have scored the 14th-most runs in the league this season with 707 (4.6 per game).
- Over their last 10 games, Colorado has been favored twice and split those games 1-1.
- When it comes to the total, the Rockies and their opponents are 3-7 in their previous 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Rockies will send Freeland (6-8) out to make his 23rd start of the season. He is 6-8 with a 4.50 ERA and 102 strikeouts in 114 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Thursday, the lefty went six innings against the Dodgers, giving up three earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- Freeland’s team has won 11 of his 22 starts.
- Freeland’s starts went over the run total seven times in 22 games with a set total this season.
- The Nationals have compiled a 31-68 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 31.3% of those games).
- Washington has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 156 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 73 of those games (73-78-5).
- The Nationals are the 15th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.5 runs per game (703 total).
- Washington was the moneyline underdog in seven of its last 10 games, and went 4-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Nationals and their opponents combined to hit the over five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Corbin will try to secure his 10th win when he gets the start for the Nationals, his 31st of the season. He is 9-15 with a 5.92 ERA and 134 strikeouts through 165 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Thursday, the lefty threw 6 2/3 scoreless innings against the Reds while surrendering four hits.
- Corbin’s team has a 13-17 record in his 30 starts.
- Corbin has started 30 contests with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to hit the over in 15 of them.
Pick for Rockies vs. Nationals
The Rockies are favored to win over the Nationals based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.