Colorado Rockies vs. Washington Nationals: Best Odds and Preview for September 27, 2021
The Colorado Rockies (71-84) host the Washington Nationals (64-92) on Monday at 8:40 PM ET in a contest between a pair of teams on losing streaks. The favored Rockies (-176) have dropped four straight, while the underdog Nationals (+153) have lost their last three.
Colorado has German Marquez starting things off, while Washington will send out Josiah Gray.
Best Odds for Colorado Rockies vs Washington Nationals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Colorado Rockies and Washington Nationals in which the Rockies are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Rockies vs Nationals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||76%||24%|
|% of Stake||90%||10%|
- The Rockies have won in 27, or 69.2%, of the 39 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Colorado and their opponents have hit the over in 63 of their 155 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Rockies have scored 707 runs (4.6 per game) this season, which ranks 13th in MLB.
- Colorado has been the favorite just one time in the past 10 contests and won that that game.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Rockies and their opponents have combined to clear the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Marquez (12-10) takes the mound first for the Rockies in his 32nd start of the season. He has a 4.27 ERA in 175 innings pitched, with 172 strikeouts.
- In his most recent appearance on Thursday, the righty went four innings against the Dodgers, allowing five earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Over Marquez’s 31 starts, his team is 20-11.
- Marquez has had 31 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in 14 of those outings.
- The Nationals have won 30 of the 98 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (30.6%).
- In the 155 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Washington, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 73 times (73-77-5).
- The Nationals are the 15th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.5 runs per game (703 total).
- Washington was the moneyline underdog in seven of its last 10 games, and went 3-4 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all had set totals), the Nationals combined with their opponents to hit the over on the run total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gray makes the start for the Nationals, his 12th of the season. He is 1-2 with a 5.92 ERA and 65 strikeouts over 59 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Wednesday against the Marlins, the righty went six innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Gray’s team has compiled a 3-7 record in his 10 starts.
- Gray has had 10 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and seven of those games hit the over.
Pick for Rockies vs. Nationals
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the betting split data provided by regulated betting sites favors the Rockies to win over the Nationals.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!