Cleveland Indians vs. Texas Rangers: Best Odds and Preview for October 2, 2021
The Cleveland Indians (79-81) and the Texas Rangers (59-101) meet on Saturday at 7:05 PM ET. The Indians are favored (-154) against the underdog Rangers (+133).
Cleveland has Triston McKenzie starting things off, and Texas will counter with Jordan Lyles.
Best Odds for Cleveland Indians vs Texas Rangers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Cleveland Indians and Texas Rangers in which the Indians are currently the pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Indians vs Rangers Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||79%||21%|
|% of Stake||65%||35%|
- The Indians have come away with 42 wins in the 67 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Contests with Cleveland have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 82 of 158 chances this season.
- The Indians have scored the 18th-most runs in the league this season with 709 (4.4 per game).
- In four games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Cleveland has a record of 3-1.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Indians and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on six occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Indians will send McKenzie (5-8) to the mound to make his 24th start of the season. He is 5-8 with a 4.81 ERA and 134 strikeouts over 116 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s last time out was on Sunday against the White Sox, when he tossed 2 1/3 innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Over McKenzie’s 23 starts, his team is 10-13.
- McKenzie has had 23 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in 10 of those games.
- The Rangers have won 52 of the 141 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (36.9%).
- Texas has played in 160 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 78 times (78-72-10).
- The Rangers have the No. 28 offense in MLB action scoring 3.9 runs per game (618 total runs).
- Texas has a 4-4 record across the eight games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Rangers and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Lyles (9-13) is looking for his 10th victory when he takes the mound first for the Rangers in his 30th start of the season. He’s put together a 5.31 ERA in 173 innings pitched, with 138 strikeouts.
- In his last appearance on Saturday, the righty went 6 2/3 innings against the Orioles, allowing three earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Lyles’ team has won 12 of his 29 starts.
- Lyles has had 29 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and 15 of those matchups hit the over.
Pick for Indians vs. Rangers
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the bet split data from regulated betting sites favors the Indians to win over the Rangers.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!