Cleveland Indians vs. Minnesota Twins: Best Odds and Preview for September 9, 2021
The Minnesota Twins (62-77) will look to keep a four-game road win streak intact when they meet the Cleveland Indians (68-69) on Thursday at 6:10 PM ET. The Twins are not projected (+117) to prolong the streak when they take on the favored Indians (-136).
Cleveland’s Cal Quantrill gets the start against Minnesota’s Randy Dobnak.
Best Odds for Cleveland Indians vs Minnesota Twins
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Cleveland Indians and Minnesota Twins in which the Indians are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Indians vs Twins Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||90%||10%|
|% of Stake||93%||7%|
- The Indians have won in 37, or 62.7%, of the 59 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Contests with Cleveland have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 69 of 135 chances this season.
- The Indians rank 19th in the league with 606 total runs scored this season.
- Over their last 10 games, Cleveland has been favored twice and lost each contest.
- When it comes to the total, the Indians and their opponents are 4-6 in their last 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Quantrill makes the start for the Indians, his 19th of the season. He is 4-3 with a 3.15 ERA and 101 strikeouts in 122 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent appearance was on Friday against the Red Sox, when the righty threw six innings, surrendering five earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- Quantrill’s team has won six of his 18 starts.
- Quantrill has had 18 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined go over the total in seven of those outings.
- The Twins have won 43.1% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (28-37).
- Minnesota has played in 138 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 77 times (77-56-5).
- The Twins are the 14th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.5 runs per game (626 total).
- Minnesota was the moneyline underdog in six of its last 10 games, and finished 3-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings — all of which had a set run total — the Twins and their opponents combined to go over the total two times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Twins will send Dobnak (1-7) out to make his seventh start of the season. He is 1-7 with a 7.64 ERA and 27 strikeouts in 50 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Friday against the Rays, the right-hander tossed seven innings, allowing five earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Dobnak’s team has put together a 2-4 record in his six starts.
- Dobnak has had six starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined to hit the over in three of those matchups.
Pick for Indians vs. Twins
The Indians are favored to win over the Twins based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!