Cleveland Indians vs. Minnesota Twins: Best Odds and Preview for September 8, 2021
The Minnesota Twins (61-77) ride a three-game winning streak into a home matchup against the Cleveland Indians (68-68) on Wednesday at 6:10 PM ET. The Indians are favored (-133) to break the underdog Twins’ (+114) streak.
Cleveland has Triston McKenzie starting, while Minnesota counters Joe Ryan.
Best Odds for Cleveland Indians vs Minnesota Twins
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Cleveland Indians and Minnesota Twins in which the Indians are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Indians vs Twins Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||89%||11%|
|% of Stake||99%||1%|
- The Indians have won in 37, or 63.8%, of the 58 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Cleveland and their opponents have hit the over in 69 of their 134 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Indians rank 19th in the league with 606 total runs scored this season.
- Over the past 10 games, Cleveland has been favored just one time and left with a loss in that contest.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Indians and their foes are 4-6 in their last 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- McKenzie makes the start for the Indians, his 20th of the season. He is 4-5 with a 4.62 ERA and 113 strikeouts through 97 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent time out on Friday against the Royals, the righty tossed six innings, allowing one earned run while surrendering two hits.
- In McKenzie’s 19 starts, his team is 9-10.
- McKenzie has had 19 starts with a total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in nine of those games.
- The Twins have won 27 of the 64 games they were listed as the moneyline underdog this season (42.2%).
- In the 137 games bookmakers have set an over/under for Minnesota, it has combined with opponents to go over the total 77 times (77-55-5).
- The Twins have the No. 14 offense in MLB play scoring 4.5 runs per game (623 total runs).
- Minnesota was the moneyline underdog in six of its last 10 games, and went 3-3 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Twins combined with their opponents to go over the total two times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Ryan (0-1) starts for the Twins, his second of the season.
- In his last time out on Thursday, the right-hander threw five innings against the Cubs, allowing three earned runs while surrendering three hits.
- His team has lost the only game he’s made an appearance in this season.
- Ryan’s lone start with a total this season went under.
Pick for Indians vs. Twins
Betting split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis points to the Indians being favored to win over the Twins.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!