Cleveland Indians vs. Minnesota Twins: Best Odds and Preview for September 7, 2021
Jorge Polanco leads the Minnesota Twins (60-77) into a matchup with the Cleveland Indians (68-67) after he collected four hits in a 5-2 win over the Indians. The Indians are favorites (-139) against the Twins (+119) in this outing, which starts at 6:10 PM ET on Tuesday.
Cleveland has Aaron Civale set to start, and Minnesota will counter with John Gant.
Best Odds for Cleveland Indians vs Minnesota Twins
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Cleveland Indians and Minnesota Twins in which the Indians are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Indians vs Twins Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||89%||11%|
|% of Stake||93%||7%|
- The Indians have won in 37, or 64.9%, of the 57 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Cleveland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 69 of their 133 opportunities.
- The Indians have scored the 18th-most runs in the league this season with 606 (4.5 per game).
- The Indians are named as favorites for the first time in a while, they have been favored to lose in their last 10 games.
- When it comes to the total, the Indians and their foes are 4-6 in their previous 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Civale makes the start for the Indians, his 16th of the season. He is 10-2 with a 3.32 ERA and 76 strikeouts in 97 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Tuesday, June 22, the right-hander tossed 4 2/3 scoreless innings against the Cubs while surrendering three hits.
- Civale’s team is 12-3 over his 15 starts.
- Civale has had 15 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and nine of those outings finished over the total.
- The Twins have been the moneyline underdog 63 total times this season. They’ve finished 26-37 in those games.
- Minnesota has played in 136 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 77 times (77-54-5).
- The Twins have the No. 15 offense in MLB action scoring 4.5 runs per game (620 total runs).
- Minnesota has a 3-3 record from the six games it was the underdog on the moneyline over its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Twins and their opponents combined to go over the run total two times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gant makes the start for the Twins, his fourth of the season. He is 0-3 with a 6.00 ERA and 25 strikeouts over 21 innings pitched.
- The righty last appeared on Wednesday against the Cubs, when he tossed five innings, allowing two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- Gant’s team has fallen in all three of his starts this season.
- Gant has had three starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and two of those matchups finished over the total.
Pick for Indians vs. Twins
Our in-depth statistical analysis combined with the bet split data from regulated betting sites favors the Indians to win over the Twins.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.