Cleveland Indians vs. Kansas City Royals: Best Odds and Preview for September 29, 2021
The Cleveland Indians (77-80) visit the Kansas City Royals (72-85) at 8:10 PM ET on Wednesday, providing a matchup between two top-10 power hitters. Jose Ramirez has 36 home runs (ninth in the league) for the favored Indians (-122), and Salvador Perez ranks first in MLB play with 47 long balls this season for the underdog Royals (+105).
Zach Plesac starts for Cleveland while Kansas City will counter with Daniel Lynch.
Best Odds for Cleveland Indians vs Kansas City Royals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Cleveland Indians and Kansas City Royals.
- The Indians have been victorous in 40, or 62.5%, of the 64 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Cleveland and their opponents have gone over in 80 of their 155 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Indians rank 20th in the league with 685 total runs scored this season.
- In four games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Cleveland has a record of 2-2.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Indians and their opponents are 5-5 in their previous 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Plesac makes the start for the Indians, his 25th of the season. He is 10-6 with a 4.54 ERA and 98 strikeouts in 136 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s last time out came on Thursday against the White Sox, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing six hits.
- Over Plesac’s 24 starts, his team is 14-10.
- Plesac has started 24 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in 14 of them.
- The Royals have put together a 47-63 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 42.7% of those games).
- Kansas City has played in 157 games with a set over/under, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 66 times (66-81-10).
- The Royals are the 24th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.2 runs per game (655 total).
- Kansas City went 2-4 across the six games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Royals and their opponents combined to go over the total three times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Lynch makes the start for the Royals, his 15th of the season. He is 4-6 with a 5.40 ERA and 53 strikeouts over 65 innings pitched.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Tuesday, Sept. 21 against the Indians, when he tossed six innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up four hits.
- Lynch’s team has put together a 7-7 record in his 14 starts.
- Lynch has had 14 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and five of those matchups hit the over.
BestOdds is where best in class gambling education meets sports betting. We hope you enjoyed our betting preview article.
For more MLB insights and betting odds check all of our MLB content here.