Cleveland Browns vs. Minnesota Vikings: Best Odds and Preview for Week 4
The Cleveland Browns (2-1) are considered favorites (-2) according to the bookmakers ahead of their game versus the Minnesota Vikings (1-2) on October 3, 2021, starting at 1:00 PM ET. The game has an over/under of 53 points.
Best odds for Browns vs. Vikings
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Cleveland Browns and Minnesota Vikings in which the Browns are currently the pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Browns Vs. Vikings Spread Betting Action
Cleveland stats and betting info
Betting trends for Cleveland
- Cleveland is 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Browns have a 1-1 record against the spread in games they were favored by 2 points or more this season.
- In Cleveland’s three games with a set total, two have hit the over (66.7%).
|Pass yards||260.0 (780)||16|
|Rush yards||174.7 (524)||2|
|Points scored||28.7 (86)||8|
|Pass yards against||210.7 (632)||6|
|Rush yards against||67.0 (201)||5|
|Points allowed||20.0 (60)||8|
Key players for Cleveland
- Baker Mayfield has compiled 780 yards (260.0 ypg) on 59-of-80 passing with two touchdowns compared to two interceptions this season. In addition, he’s added 48 rushing yards (16.0 ypg) on 13 carries while scoring one touchdown on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Nick Chubb, has carried the ball 48 times for 262 yards (87.3 per game), scoring three times.
- This season, Kareem Hunt has carried the ball 29 times for 165 yards (55.0 per game) and two touchdowns, while also racking up 104 yards through the air .
- David Njoku has caught five passes for 94 yards (31.3 yards per game) this year.
- Austin Hooper has a total of 86 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in 10 throws and scoring one touchdown.
Browns: Jacob Phillips: Questionable (Knee), Kareem Hunt: Questionable (Groin), Nick Harris: Questionable (Illness), Tae Davis: Out (Elbow), Greedy Williams: Out (Shoulder), Denzel Ward: Questionable (Groin), Adrian Clayborn: Out (Hip), Joel Bitonio: Questionable (Back), Olivier Vernon: Questionable (Abdomen)
Minnesota stats and betting info
Betting trends for Minnesota
- Minnesota has covered the spread twice in three opportunities this year.
- The Vikings are a perfect 2-0 against the spread when an underdog by 2 points or more this year.
- Two of Minnesota’s three games with a set total have hit the over (66.7%).
|Pass yards||309.7 (929)||8|
|Rush yards||128.0 (384)||6|
|Points scored||29.0 (87)||7|
|Pass yards against||319.7 (959)||29|
|Rush yards against||119.3 (358)||20|
|Points allowed||26.0 (78)||20|
Key players for Minnesota
- Kirk Cousins has thrown for 918 yards on 73.9% passing while recording eight touchdown passes with zero interceptions this season. He’s also run for 37 yards .
- Dalvin Cook has run for 192 yards on 42 carries so far this year while scoring one time on the ground. He’s also tacked on eight catches, totaling 60 yards.
- Alexander Mattison has run for 125 yards across 30 attempts. He’s chipped in with eight catches for 80 yards.
- Justin Jefferson leads his squad with 254 receiving yards on 20 receptions with two touchdowns.
- K.J. Osborn has put up a 193-yard season so far with one touchdown. He’s caught 14 passes on 17 targets.
- Adam Thielen has racked up 181 reciving yards (60.3 ypg) and four touchdowns this season.
Vikings: Mike Hughes: Out (Neck), Kris Boyd: Doubtful (Hamstring)
Pick for Browns vs. Vikings
The Browns are favored to cover the spread against the Vikings based on our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!