Cleveland Browns vs. Houston Texans: Best Odds and Preview for Week 2
The Cleveland Browns (0-1) are favored by 12.5 points versus the Houston Texans (1-0) on September 19, 2021, starting at 1:00 PM ET. The game has an over/under of 48 points.
Best odds for Browns vs. Texans
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the NFL matchup between the Cleveland Browns and Houston Texans in which the Browns are currently the pick among bettors to cover the spread.
Browns Vs. Texans Spread Betting Action
Cleveland stats and betting info
Betting trends for Cleveland
- Cleveland put together a 6-10-0 ATS record last year.
- Last season, nine of Cleveland’s games went over the point total.
|Pass yards||231.3 (3701)||27|
|Rush yards||148.4 (2374)||3|
|Points scored||25.5 (408)||14|
|Pass yards against||264.0 (4224)||21|
|Rush yards against||110.8 (1773)||9|
|Points allowed||26.2 (419)||21|
Key players for Cleveland
- Baker Mayfield’s previous season stat line featured 3,563 passing yards (222.7 yards per game) while going 305-for-486 (62.8% completion percentage) with 26 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He also rushed for 165 yards on 54 carries with one rushing touchdown, averaging 10.3 yards per game.
- Last year, Nick Chubb took 190 carries for 1,067 rushing yards (88.9 yards per game) and scored 12 touchdowns.
- Kareem Hunt racked up 841 rushing yards on 198 carries (52.6 yards per game) and six touchdowns last season. Hunt also put his name on the receiving stat lines with 38 catches for 304 yards (19.0 per game) and five touchdowns.
- In the previous season, Jarvis Landry reeled in 72 catches for 840 yards (56.0 ypg) while he was targeted 101 times. He also scored three touchdowns.
- Rashard Higgins also filled up his receiving stat line last year. He collected 37 receptions for 599 yards and four touchdowns. He was targeted 52 times and put up 39.9 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Austin Hooper grabbed 46 passes on 70 targets for 435 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 27.2 receiving yards per game.
Browns: Jarvis Landry: Questionable (Hip), Kevin Johnson: Out (Liver), Greedy Williams: Out (Shoulder), Chris Hubbard: Questionable (Ankle), Jedrick Wills Jr.: Questionable (Shin), Jacob Phillips: Out (Knee), J.C. Tretter: Questionable (Knee), Olivier Vernon: Questionable (Abdomen), Jack Conklin: Questionable (Ankle), Mack Wilson: Out (Knee)
Houston stats and betting info
Betting trends for Houston
- Houston compiled a 6-10-0 record against the spread last year.
- Houston’s games hit the over eight out of 16 times last season.
|Pass yards||302.7 (4843)||2|
|Rush yards||91.6 (1466)||31|
|Points scored||24.0 (384)||18|
|Pass yards against||270.3 (4325)||25|
|Rush yards against||160.3 (2564)||32|
|Points allowed||29.0 (464)||27|
Key players for Houston
- Deshaun Watson averaged 301.4 passing yards per outing and completed 33 touchdowns last season. In addition, he added three touchdowns on 27.8 yards rushing per game.
- David Johnson tallied 691 rushing yards and six touchdowns on the ground in addition to 314 receiving yards and two touchdowns through the air during last year’s campaign.
- Last season Phillip Lindsay rushed for 35.9 yards per game. He also scored one touchdown.
- Brandin Cooks was targeted 7.4 times per game and racked up 1,150 receiving yards and six touchdowns over the course of 2020.
- Danny Amendola averaged 37.6 receiving yards on 4.3 targets per game in 2020.
- Anthony Miller averaged 30.3 receiving yards per game on 4.8 targets per game a season ago.
Texans: Duke Johnson Jr.: Questionable (Ankle), Peter Kalambayi: Questionable (Hamstring), Brandin Cooks: Questionable (Quadricep), Tytus Howard: Questionable (Ankle)
Pick for Browns vs. Texans
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the betting split data from regulated betting sites points to the Browns being favored to cover the spread against the Texans.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.