Cleveland Browns vs. Green Bay Packers Betting Odds & Game Analysis | NFL Week 16 Predictions
The Cleveland Browns (7-7) will attempt to snap the Green Bay Packers’ (11-3) 11 game home winning streak dating back to 2020. The Packers are favorites and the total for this game sits at . Saturday, December 25th, at 4:30 pm.
Cleveland Browns stats and betting info
- Browns are 7-1 straight up vs the NFC the last 2 years
- Browns are 3-8 against the spread coming off a straight up loss the last 2 years
- Browns are 1 – 4 to the UNDER when the total is 44 or lower
- Browns are 0 – 3 to the UNDER vs the NFC North
|Pass yards against||216.8(3035)||8|
|Rush yards against||105.6(1478)||8|
Key players for Cleveland
- QB – Baker Mayfield has thrown for 2,613 yards with 13 touchdowns to 7 interceptions. Mayfield has also added 107 yards on the ground with 1 touchdown. Mayfield is expected to return from COVID protocol for this game.
- RB – Nick Chubb went over 1,000 yards on Monday for a 3rd straight season. His 190 carries through 14 weeks was his entire total for 2020. Chubb has 8 touchdowns on the campaign.
- DE – Myles Garrett has 15 sacks and 16 tackles for loss on the season.
- DE – Takkarist McKinley – OUT for the season after rupturing his achilles on Monday.
- DE – Myles Garret – injured on Monday, non-participant in Tuesday’s practice(Groin).
- S – John Johnson – injured on Monday, non-participant in Tuesday’s practice(Hamstring).
Green Bay stats and betting info
- Green Bay is 10-3-1 against the spread this season
- Green Bay is 6-0 against the spread this season at HOME.
- Green Bay is 6-0 straight up this season at HOME winning every game by more than this current spread
- Green Bay has goin 20 straight games without failing to cover the spread in back to back weeks
- Green Bay has now gone OVER the total in 4 straight games after going UNDER the total in 7 straight weeks
- After shutting OUT Seattle on November 14th, Green Bay has allowed 28 or more points in 4 straight games.
|Pass yards against||218.2(3055)||9|
|Rush yards against||107.9(1511)||12|
|Points allowed||23.2 (301)||10|
Key Players for Green Bay
- QB – Aaron Rodgers has thrown for 3,487 yards with 30 touchdowns to only 4 interceptions. Rodgers has also added 3 touchdowns on the ground.
- WR – Davante Adams has 96 receptions for 1,248 yards and 8 touchdowns. Adams needs 52 yards to go over 1,300 yards for the 3rd time in 4 years.
- RB’s – Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon have combined for 251 carries for 1,293 yards and 7 touchdowns. The duo has also caught 70 passes for 614 yards and 8 more touchdowns.(Jones scored 6 of the receiving touchdowns).
Green Bay injuries
- OT David Bakhtiari – (ACL) Doubtful for Saturday v Cleveland
- CB Jaire Alexander – Shoulder Doubtful for Saturday v Cleveland
- WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling was placed on the Reserve/Covid list
According to this bettor, Green Bay is the best home-field advantage in the NFL.
The Packers are undefeated straight up and against the spread at home this season, and they’ve won every one of those games by 8 points or more.
With the Buccaneers and Cardinals losing last week, the Packers have a great shot at securing home-field advantage for the playoffs.
QB Aaron Rodgers is currently tied with Brett Favre for 1st with 442 touchdown passes in Packer history. With that record ready to fall, the Christmas atmosphere, and with Cleveland in a state of flux right now because of so many players and coaches moving back and forth through the protocols.
I can only look to the home side in Green Bay for these reasons.
Recommendation: Packers -7.5
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best NFL odds across legal sportsbooks.