Cincinnati Reds vs. St. Louis Cardinals: Best Odds and Preview for September 12, 2021
Yadier Molina will try to notch his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when his St. Louis Cardinals (72-69) take on the Cincinnati Reds (75-68) on Sunday at 2:15 PM ET. The Cardinals are underdogs (+121) to the Reds (-140).
Cincinnati’s Sonny Gray and St. Louis’ J.A. Happ will start this matchup.
Best Odds for Cincinnati Reds vs St. Louis Cardinals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Cincinnati Reds and St. Louis Cardinals in which the Cardinals are currently the clear pick at sportsbooks based on money wagered at regulated sportsbooks, yet the Reds have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Reds vs Cardinals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||70%||30%|
|% of Stake||8%||92%|
- The Reds have been favorites in 87 games this season and have come away with the win 50 times (57.5%) in those contests.
- Cincinnati and their opponents have hit the over in 72 of their 143 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Reds are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking sixth with 701 total runs this season.
- Cincinnati has competed as the favorite in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 4-6 in those matchups.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Reds and their opponents are 5-5 in their previous 10 games.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Gray (7-6 with a 3.88 ERA and 135 strikeouts in 113 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Reds, his 23rd of the season.
- The righty’s most recent appearance was on Monday against the Cubs, when he went five innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- Gray’s team has a 12-10 record in his starts this season.
- Gray has had 22 starts that oddsmakers set a total for this season, and nine of those outings hit the over.
- The Cardinals have been the moneyline underdog 67 total times this season. They’ve finished 28-39 in those games.
- St. Louis has combined with opponents to go over the total 64 times this season for a 64-70-7 record against the over/under.
- The Cardinals score the fifth-fewest runs in baseball (582 total, 4.1 per game).
- St. Louis played as the moneyline underdog in each of its last 10 games, and went 4-6 in those matchups.
- Over their last 10 matchups, the Cardinals and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Happ (3-2) gets the starting nod for the Cardinals in his eighth start of the season. He has a 4.72 ERA in 34 1/3 innings pitched, with 26 strikeouts.
- In his most recent time out on Tuesday against the Dodgers, the lefty went five innings, giving up four earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Happ’s team is 3-4 over his seven starts.
- Happ has started seven games with a total set by bookmakers this season. The teams have combined to go over the run total in two of them.
Pick for Reds vs. Cardinals
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth games analysis points to the Cardinals being favored to win over the Reds.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!