Cincinnati Reds vs. St. Louis Cardinals: Best Odds and Preview for September 11, 2021
The Cincinnati Reds (75-67) will look to Joey Votto, who is on a two-game home run streak, when they play the St. Louis Cardinals (71-69) and Yadier Molina, who has also hit home runs in two straight games. The Reds are moneyline favorites (-127) for this outing against the Cardinals (+109), which starts at 7:15 PM ET on Saturday at Busch Stadium.
Cincinnati has Luis Castillo set to start, while St. Louis will send out Miles Mikolas.
Best Odds for Cincinnati Reds vs St. Louis Cardinals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Cincinnati Reds and St. Louis Cardinals in which the Cardinals are currently the clear pick at sportsbooks based on money wagered at regulated sportsbooks, yet the Reds have picked up a majority of the total number of tickets wagered.
Reds vs Cardinals Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||74%||26%|
|% of Stake||29%||71%|
- The Reds have come away with 50 wins in the 86 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Contests with Cincinnati have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 71 of 142 chances this season.
- The Reds are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking sixth with 697 total runs this season.
- In 10 games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Cincinnati has a record of 4-6.
- When it comes to the over/under, the Reds and their foes are 4-6 in their last 10 contests.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Castillo makes the start for the Reds, his 30th of the season. He is 7-15 with a 4.20 ERA and 166 strikeouts over 163 innings pitched.
- The righty’s last appearance came on Sunday against the Tigers, when he tossed six innings, surrendering one earned run while giving up four hits.
- Castillo’s team is 10-19 in his 29 starts.
- Castillo has had 29 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and 15 of those outings hit the over.
- The Cardinals have been the underdog on the moneyline 66 total times this season. They’ve finished 27-39 in those games.
- St. Louis has played in 140 games with over/under set, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 63 times (63-70-7).
- The Cardinals have the No. 26 offense in MLB action scoring 4.1 runs per game (576 total runs).
- St. Louis has a 4-6 record across the 10 games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups (all had set totals), the Cardinals combined with their opponents to hit the over on the total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Mikolas makes the start for the Cardinals, his sixth of the season. He is 0-2 with a 5.06 ERA and 17 strikeouts through 21 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last appeared on Monday against the Dodgers, when he tossed five innings, allowing four earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Mikolas’ team has a 2-3 record in his starts this season.
- Mikolas has had five starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and two of those games hit the over.
Pick for Reds vs. Cardinals
Our in-depth games analysis combined with the bet split data provided by regulated betting sites favors the Cardinals to win over the Reds.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.