Cincinnati Reds vs. St. Louis Cardinals: Best Odds and Preview for September 10, 2021
Yadier Molina has 97 hits this season, and will try to notch his 100th when his St. Louis Cardinals (71-68) meet the Cincinnati Reds (74-67) on Friday at 8:15 PM ET. The Cardinals are the underdog (+125) in this matchup with the Reds (-140).
Cincinnati’s Tyler Mahle starts against St. Louis’ Jon Lester.
Best Odds for Cincinnati Reds vs St. Louis Cardinals
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Cincinnati Reds and St. Louis Cardinals.
- The Reds have won in 49, or 57.6%, of the 85 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Contests with Cincinnati have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 71 of 141 chances this season.
- The Reds have scored the sixth-most runs in the league this season with 693.
- Cincinnati has played as the favorite in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 3-7 in those contests.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Reds and their opponents have combined to clear the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Reds are sending Mahle (11-5) out to make his 29th start of the season. He is 11-5 with a 3.76 ERA and 182 strikeouts through 153 1/3 innings pitched.
- The righty’s last time out was on Saturday against the Tigers, when he tossed five innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up six hits.
- Mahle’s team has compiled a 17-11 record over his 28 starts.
- Mahle’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 14 of 28 games.
- The Cardinals have won 27 of the 65 games they were the moneyline underdog this season (41.5%).
- St. Louis has combined with opponents to go over the total 63 times this season for a 63-69-7 record against the over/under.
- The Cardinals are the fifth-lowest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.1 runs per game (574 total).
- St. Louis was the underdog on the moneyline in each of its last 10 games, and finished 5-5 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings, the Cardinals and their opponents combined to go over the run total five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Lester (5-6 with a 4.89 ERA and 70 strikeouts in 112 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Cardinals, his 24th of the season.
- The lefty last appeared on Sunday against the Brewers, when he went 5 1/3 innings, allowing one earned run while giving up six hits.
- Over Lester’s seven starts, his team is 4-3.
- Lester has had seven starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and four of those matchups finished over the total.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!