Cincinnati Reds vs Pittsburgh Pirates Betting Odds & Game Analysis | September 14
The Pittsburgh Pirates visit the Cincinnati Reds at Great American Ball Park, taking the field at 12:35pm ET on Wednesday September 14th, 12:35pm ET. The Pittsburgh Pirates are 1-run underdogs in the game, and the Over/Under is set at 7.5 runs.
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances in the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the Major League Baseball game between the Pittsburgh Pirates and Cincinnati Reds.
Cincinnati and Pittsburgh Betting Info
- Each of the Pirates’ last five day games against National League opponents have gone UNDER the total runs line.
- The Reds have lost each of their last six games as favorites against NL Central opponents.
Pittsburgh Pirates Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.222|
|AVG Runs Scored||3.6|
Key Players for Pittsburgh
- Luis Ortiz: 0.00 ERA, 7.94 K/9, 0.71 WHIP
- William Crowe: 3.64 ERA, 8.04 K/9, 1.30 WHIP
- Johan Oviedo: 3.72 ERA, 9.31 K/9, 1.45 WHIP
- Bryan Reynolds: .256 Batting Avg, .336 OBP, .452 SLG, .788 OPS, 62 Runs
- Kevin Newman: .271 Batting Avg, .309 OBP, .364 SLG, .673 OPS, 29 Runs
- Jason Delay: .221 Batting Avg, .275 OBP, .270 SLG, .545 OPS, 13 Runs
- Benjamin Gamel: .237 Batting Avg, .320 OBP, .376 SLG, .696 OPS, 39 Runs
- Ke’Bryan Hayes: .246 Batting Avg, .317 OBP, .353 SLG, .670 OPS, 49 Runs
- Rodolfo Castro: .234 Batting Avg, .299 OBP, .429 SLG, .728 OPS, 16 Runs
- Michael Chavis: .237 Batting Avg, .271 OBP, .406 SLG, .677 OPS, 37 Runs
Cincinnati Reds Stats
|Team Batting AVG||.240|
|AVG Runs Scored||4.2|
Key Players for Cincinnati
- Justin Dunn: 6.10 ERA, 6.09 K/9, 1.58 WHIP
- Hunter Strickland: 5.21 ERA, 8.30 K/9, 1.57 WHIP
- Kyle Dowdy: 0.00 ERA, 7.71 K/9, 1.71 WHIP
- Aristides Aquino: .205 Batting Avg, .252 OBP, .366 SLG, .618 OPS, 20 Runs
- Matthew Reynolds: .244 Batting Avg, .314 OBP, .333 SLG, .647 OPS, 30 Runs
- Jonathan India: .260 Batting Avg, .329 OBP, .409 SLG, .738 OPS, 43 Runs
- James Farmer: .265 Batting Avg, .327 OBP, .388 SLG, .715 OPS, 53 Runs
- Austin Romine: .172 Batting Avg, .186 OBP, .310 SLG, .496 OPS, 5 Runs
- Nicholas Senzel: .231 Batting Avg, .297 OBP, .300 SLG, .597 OPS, 42 Runs
- Jose Israel Barrero: .165 Batting Avg, .205 OBP, .231 SLG, .436 OPS, 9 Runs
- Terry Friedl: .259 Batting Avg, .311 OBP, .460 SLG, .771 OPS, 29 Runs
- Donovan Solano: .297 Batting Avg, .348 OBP, .389 SLG, .737 OPS, 21 Runs
In the last 5 matchups between the Reds and Pirates, the Reds won twice and the Pirates won three times. Their most recent matchup on September 13, 2022 ended 1-0 with the Pittsburgh Pirates taking the win.
MLB Computer Picks For Betting Previews
MLB computer picks are betting recommendations made by an AI computer algorithm with a final check by sports betting analyst.
The AI algorithm considers various data points to come up with its betting prediction. Betting trends, game venue, line-ups, weather, injury, news updates, and a wide range of stats are the factors taken into account when making MLB betting preview computer picks.
A professional sports bettor performs the final check.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best MLB Odds across legal sportsbooks.
Sign up for BestOdds’ Newsletter
The most entertaining betting analysis and cherry-picked insights in your inbox.