Cincinnati Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates: Best Odds and Preview for September 15, 2021
The Cincinnati Reds (75-70) will aim to stop a three-game road losing streak when they play the Pittsburgh Pirates (53-91) on Wednesday at 6:35 PM ET. The Reds are favored (-151) to halt the streak when they take on the underdog Pirates (+130).
Vladimir Gutierrez starts for Cincinnati while Pittsburgh will counter with Mitch Keller.
Best Odds for Cincinnati Reds vs Pittsburgh Pirates
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Cincinnati Reds and Pittsburgh Pirates.
- The Reds have been favorites in 89 games this season and have come away with the win 50 times (56.2%) in those contests.
- Cincinnati’s games have gone over the total in 73 of their 145 opportunities.
- The Reds have scored the eighth-most runs in the league this season with 701.
- In 10 games as the favorite over the last 10 matchups, Cincinnati has a record of 3-7.
- In their previous 10 matchups with a total posted by oddsmakers, the Reds and their foes are 4-6 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Reds are sending Gutierrez (9-6) to the mound for his 20th start of the season as he tries for his 10th victory. He is 9-6 with a 4.05 ERA and 82 strikeouts over 104 1/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Wednesday against the Cubs, when he tossed five innings, allowing one earned run while giving up two hits.
- In Gutierrez’s 19 starts, his team is 10-9.
- Gutierrez has had 19 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in eight of those games.
- The Pirates have put together a 46-87 record in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 34.6% of those games).
- Pittsburgh has had an over/under set by oddsmakers 144 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 69 of those games (69-69-6).
- The Pirates have the No. 30 offense in baseball scoring 3.7 runs per game (525 total runs).
- Pittsburgh has a 3-4 record across the seven games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Pirates and their opponents combined to go over the run total six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Keller (4-11) gets the starting nod for the Pirates in his 20th start of the season. He has a 6.29 ERA in 83 innings pitched, with 82 strikeouts.
- The righty’s last appearance came on Wednesday against the Tigers, when he went five innings, surrendering four earned runs while allowing 10 hits.
- Keller’s team has put together a 7-12 record over his 19 starts.
- Keller’s starts hit the over on the run total 10 times in 19 games with a set total this season.
Enjoyed reading this game analysis? We are working hard to get you the best sports betting insights across all major sports. BestOdds is your destination for all sports betting and casino information, education, and sign up offers.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks and make sure to follow us on social!