Cincinnati Reds vs. Pittsburgh Pirates: Best Odds and Preview for September 14, 2021
The Cincinnati Reds (75-69) visit the Pittsburgh Pirates (52-91) on Tuesday in game 1 of a three-game series, with the first pitch at 6:35 PM ET from PNC Park. The favored Reds (-158) enter the matchup following a series loss to the Cardinals, and the underdog Pirates (+144) are coming off of a series win over the Nationals.
Cincinnati’s Wade Miley and Pittsburgh’s Dillon Peters will start this matchup.
Best Odds for Cincinnati Reds vs Pittsburgh Pirates
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Cincinnati Reds and Pittsburgh Pirates.
- The Reds have come away with 50 wins in the 88 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Cincinnati’s games have gone over the total in 72 of their 144 opportunities.
- The Reds have scored the eighth-most runs in the league this season with 701.
- Cincinnati has competed as the favorite in 10 of its past 10 games and has gone 4-6 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 games with an over/under, the Reds and their opponents have combined to clear the total four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Miley makes the start for the Reds, his 27th of the season. He is 12-5 with a 2.89 ERA and 122 strikeouts over 155 2/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last pitched on Tuesday against the Cubs, when he went seven innings, allowing one earned run while giving up five hits.
- Miley’s team has won 17 of his 26 starts.
- Miley has had 26 starts that bookmakers set a total for this season, and 16 of those matchups hit the over.
- The Pirates have won 34.1% of the games this season they were the moneyline underdog (45-87).
- Pittsburgh has played in 143 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 68 times (68-69-6).
- The Pirates have the No. 30 offense in baseball scoring 3.7 runs per game (525 total runs).
- Pittsburgh was the moneyline underdog for seven of its last 10 games, and finished 2-5 in those matchups.
- In their last 10 outings (all 10 of them had set totals), the Pirates and their opponents combined to hit the over six times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- The Pirates will send Peters (0-2) out for his fifth start of the season. He is 0-2 with a 3.37 ERA and 15 strikeouts over 18 2/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty’s last appearance was on Tuesday against the Tigers, when he went four innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- Peters’ team is 2-2 in his four starts.
- Peters’ team has not hit the over in any of his four starts with a set total this season.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.