Cincinnati Reds vs. Detroit Tigers: Best Odds and Preview for September 5, 2021
Miguel Cabrera sits at 98 hits this season, and will try to notch his 100th when his Detroit Tigers (64-73) take on the Cincinnati Reds (73-64) on Sunday at 1:10 PM ET. The Tigers are the underdog (+178) in this contest against the Reds (-215).
Cincinnati’s Luis Castillo starts against Detroit’s Casey Mize.
Best Odds for Cincinnati Reds vs Detroit Tigers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Cincinnati Reds and Detroit Tigers in which the Reds are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Reds vs Tigers Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||92%||8%|
|% of Stake||71%||29%|
- The Reds have won in 48, or 59.3%, of the 81 contests they have been named as odds-on favorites in this year.
- Cincinnati and their opponents have hit the over in 71 of their 137 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Reds have scored the fifth-most runs in the league this season with 677.
- Cincinnati has played as the favorite in eight of its past 10 games and has gone 4-4 in those contests.
- In their previous 10 games with a total, the Reds and their opponents have combined to clear the over/under on four occasions.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Castillo (7-14) gets the starting nod for the Reds in his 29th start of the season. He has a 4.30 ERA in 157 innings pitched, with 159 strikeouts.
- The righty’s most recent time out was on Monday against the Cardinals, when he went six innings, surrendering three earned runs while giving up five hits.
- Castillo’s team has put together a 10-18 record in his 28 starts.
- Castillo’s starts with a set total this season have hit the over in 15 of 28 games.
- The Tigers are 51-64 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 44.3% of those games).
- Detroit has combined with opponents to go over the total 60 times this season for a 60-72-5 record against the over/under.
- The Tigers are the 18th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.4 runs per game (595 total).
- Detroit has a 3-7 record across the 10 games it was moneyline underdogs in its last 10 matchups.
- In their last 10 matchups, the Tigers and their opponents combined to hit the over five times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Mize gets the start for the Tigers, his 26th of the season. He is 7-7 with a 3.59 ERA and 104 strikeouts through 135 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Monday against the Twins, when he went six innings, surrendering three earned runs while allowing five hits.
- Mize’s team has won 14 of his 25 starts.
- Mize has had 25 starts that sportsbooks set a total for this season, and seven of those games hit the over.
Pick for Reds vs. Tigers
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites paired with our in-depth games analysis favors the Reds to win over the Tigers.
BestOdds.com is your destination for all the latest information, education, and offers across sports betting and gambling. Our dedicated team of analysts and writers have been scouring the web to get you the best sports insights, offers in your state, and betting education content.
Support us by signing up to one of our partnering sportsbooks or casinos and make sure to follow us on social!