Cincinnati Reds vs. Detroit Tigers: Best Odds and Preview for September 4, 2021
Dustin Garneau leads the Detroit Tigers (64-72) into a matchup against the Cincinnati Reds (72-64) following his two-home run performance in a 15-5 win over the Reds. The Reds are favored on the moneyline (-206) for this game against the underdog Tigers (+173), which begins at 7:10 PM ET on Saturday.
Tyler Mahle starts for Cincinnati while Detroit will counter with Matthew Boyd.
Best Odds for Cincinnati Reds vs Detroit Tigers
Welcome to the BestOdds betting breakdown where we use data from our industry leading partner, Sportradar, to identify performance trends in order to analyze teams’ chances to win the upcoming game.
Today, we are looking at the MLB matchup between the Cincinnati Reds and Detroit Tigers in which the Reds are currently the clear pick among bettors at regulated sportsbooks to claim victory.
Reds vs Tigers Moneyline Action
|% of Bets||68%||32%|
|% of Stake||80%||20%|
- The Reds have been victorous in 47, or 58.8%, of the 80 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Cincinnati and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 70 of their 136 opportunities.
- The Reds are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking fifth with 677 total runs this season.
- Cincinnati has played as the favorite in seven of its past 10 games and has gone 3-4 in those contests.
- In their last 10 matchups with a total posted by sportsbooks, the Reds and their opponents are 4-6 when it comes to hitting the over.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Mahle (10-5 with a 3.64 ERA and 174 strikeouts in 148 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Reds, his 28th of the season.
- In his last appearance on Sunday, the right-hander went seven innings against the Marlins, giving up two earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- Over Mahle’s 27 starts, his team is 16-11.
- Mahle has had 27 starts with a set total this season, and the teams combined hit the over in 13 of those games.
- The Tigers have won 51 of the 114 games they were the underdog on the moneyline this season (44.7%).
- Detroit has combined with opponents to go over the total 59 times this season for a 59-72-5 record against the over/under.
- The Tigers are the 17th-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.4 runs per game (595 total).
- Detroit went 4-6 over the 10 games it was the underdog on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
- Over their last 10 outings, the Tigers and their opponents combined to hit the over four times.
Probable Starting Pitcher Stats
- Boyd makes the start for the Tigers, his 15th of the season. He is 3-7 with a 3.50 ERA and 61 strikeouts in 74 2/3 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out was on Sunday against the Blue Jays, when the left-hander threw four innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing four hits.
- Boyd’s team has a 6-8 record in his starts this season.
- Boyd’s starts hit the over on the run total six times in 14 games with a set total this season.
Pick for Reds vs. Tigers
Bet split data provided by regulated betting sites combined with our in-depth statistical analysis points to the Reds being favored to win over the Tigers.
BestOdds is the ultimate website for bettors new and old alike. We offer not just educational content but the latest news and best sports betting odds across regulated sportsbooks.
Bettors of all kinds will find our comparative tools, odds calculators, and insightful articles complete game-changers in their wagering strategies.